Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:08 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: The World Cup 2014 thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:35 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I realise this is an American-dominated forum and this isn't exactly your favorite sport :) But still, anyone here following this event? The biggest sporting event in the world, as a matter of fact. I can't get enough of it and have seen every game except for those in the last round when each group play their games simultaneously.

Any fans here? James, you're English, what are your feelings about England's early exit?

Post subject: Re: The World Cup 2014 thread
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 pm 
Marabunta

I dont want go much out of topic but I see an article here says that Charlton Heston love much for Sport the Tennis

http://www.insidetennis.com/archive/0508_the_buzz.html

http://www.insidetennis.com/archive/it_ ... heston.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:44 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

You're Italian, if I remember things right, correct? If so, what did you think of your teams performance in the World Cup?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:21 am 
Marabunta

Detective Thorn wrote:
You're Italian, if I remember things right, correct? If so, what did you think of your teams performance in the World Cup?

I have not seen the agreement between the players and the desire to try...

the coach he had already done the last edition so there had to be a new, and this is the first mistake for me

I do not forget the story of ROCKY at some point he lost the eye of the tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:21 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

USA put up a hell of a fight against Belgium in the Round of 16, but ultimately lost 2-1 after extra time. The USA made a whooping 15 saves, which is a record for this event.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:06 pm 
Prince Judah

I fave a feeling that it is hard this year for any European team to lift the cup. Some glimpse of hope are still with Germany, but let's see what happens.

As for the Latin American teams, I have a kind of mixed feeling... but I wonder how far one or two big player(s) carry the team along. Something called a strong team effort is strangely missing in this World Cup for big teams.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:57 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

The Latin American teams has had it far easier since many of them are used to the climate and have also had great support from their fans in the stadiums.

Holland just beat Costa Rica after penalties. Can't say that makes me unhappy, Costa Rica seemed to go for the tie from the get-go.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:42 am 
Prince Judah

I am feeling sorry for Neimer -- it is very disappointing for any player to get wounded and so out of the tournament in his homeland.

If Germany goes further, my best wishes are with Close to break Ronaldo's record, he has been a fine teamman doing service to the team throughout all the World Cups he has played so far.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:51 am 
El Cid

Detective Thorn wrote:
I realise this is an American-dominated forum and this isn't exactly your favorite sport :) But still, anyone here following this event? The biggest sporting event in the world, as a matter of fact. I can't get enough of it and have seen every game except for those in the last round when each group play their games simultaneously.

Any fans here? James, you're English, what are your feelings about England's early exit?

I had a bet before the tournament started that England wouldn't win a game and that Chile wouldn't lose. I was only half right and so lost my bet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:29 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

itsjudah24 wrote:
If Germany goes further, my best wishes are with Close to break Ronaldo's record, he has been a fine teamman doing service to the team throughout all the World Cups he has played so far.

I'm really rooting for Klose, too. I've watched him in four World Cups now and have always enjoyed him play. He's a great striker.

James: You guys should have kept Sven on the job!