Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Omega Man
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:50 pm 
Cheating Bastard

THE BLURAY EDITION MAKES A GREAT THANKSGIVING GIFT FOR YOUR HOST OR FAMILY !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:24 pm 
El Cid

I just found this blog on THE OMEGA MAN, aplogies if its been posted before-

https://sawiggins.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/omega-alpha/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:52 am 
Prince Judah

As we've been reminded several times on this thread, a BluRay is the best way to spot the bloopers in The Omega Man, i.e. moving cars in the distance in some shots.
CHILIMAN wrote:
BLU-RAY IS THE BEST TO SEE ALL THE BLOOPERS. THE GREASTEST CHUCK MOVIE...........EVER............
Over 4 years ago, I posted this info in the Omega Man Forum, the board devoted to just this film; I never got around to it here for some reason, but it's a slice of trivia for those who want to spot this on their next viewing of the film>>>

An error I caught some time ago (years ago really) occurs early, at the 3 minute 27 second mark.
This is right after Heston's automobile gets a flat tire and he's getting out of the auto (or, just after the credits finish).

As Heston gets out of the car, there is a half-second of someone, mostly just a shadow, running far in the background,
where the red arrow is pointing to below. If you blink, you miss it.

or.... one can make an excuse for the mistake in this scene - that this person in the background is the character of Dutch (Paul Koslo) sneaking around behind Neville's back (later in the plot, it's mentioned that Lisa & Dutch were aware of Neville for some time and were afraid that he might shoot them). :neville:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:57 am 
Prince Judah

He is sneaking too far behind, then...

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:20 am 
Prince Judah

itsjudah24 wrote:
He is sneaking too far behind, then...
Ah-ah... you can't be too far when trying to avoid a shot from Neville's rifle. He'll get ya, for sure! Then again, it was probably just a mistake - in real life, there were too many people around even then, and not catching someone scurrying around in the background was next-to-impossible, even for experienced filmmakers. Here's the portion of the original script:

FADE IN:
MED. LONG SHOT - INT. DARK TRAVEL AGENCY
from rear of office. There are posters on the walls: "See Mexico." "Visit London," "TWA to Hong Kong," etc. Dust is over everything, the floors are filthy and-, littered with paper. CAMERA points out OPEN DOOR to street. Suddenly we SEE Neville FLASH by in his car.
CUT TO:
LONG BOOM SHOT - DOWN ANGLE ON EMPTY STREET
from roof of building. In left F.G. WE SEE clothesline. Clothes hanging on it are bleached. have begun to fall apart. We HEAR in DISTANCE ' high-pitched ROAR of Neville's ENGINE. Then he races by in street below.
CUT TO:
MED. SHOT - DESERTED SCHOOL ROOM
CAMERA points out OPEN WINDOWI- with a broken blind hanging alongside. In left frame, next window has Easter bunnies, eggs, etc. made by children. In right side of frame, teacher's desk with small flag, rotten apple. Again, SOUND of CAR, Neville passes outside.
CUT TO:
MED. SHOT - NEVILLE IN CAR
As he rounds corner, he sees things lying scattered in the street ahead. He tries to stop, but runs over them.
CLOSE SHOT - TIRE GOING FLAT
MED. SHOT - NEVILLE GETTING OUT OF CAR
He is irritated, looks around as if seeking a filling station attendant in order to get tire fixed. Glances down. He has run over a broken steel box, with US Mint markings. Its torn hinges have shredded the tire, and the gold ingots it contained are scattered under the wheels. He glances across street. A Brink's truck sits crashed into a fire hydrant, its rear doors open, swinging useless in breeze. Mint boxes and gold bullion lying unguarded.
MED. CLOSE SHOT - NEVILLE
His expression is one of total disgust. He speaks sardonically.
    NEVILLE
    Why don't they keep the goddamn street clean.

As read, there's no mention of someone sneaking around behind him somewhere. ;) Note the original dialog... Heston may have added in his own line about there never being a cop around when you need one. You can read the entire original script at this site: http://www.scifimoviepage.com/scripts/o.html
the actual script page site: http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/i_am ... 26_70.html
Note also that this was a 1st revised draft, still titled "I AM LEGEND."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:14 pm 
El Cid

Chrysagon wrote:
As we've been reminded several times on this thread, a BluRay is the best way to spot the bloopers in The Omega Man, i.e. moving cars in the distance in some shots.
CHILIMAN wrote:
BLU-RAY IS THE BEST TO SEE ALL THE BLOOPERS. THE GREASTEST CHUCK MOVIE...........EVER............
Over 4 years ago, I posted this info in the Omega Man Forum, the board devoted to just this film; I never got around to it here for some reason, but it's a slice of trivia for those who want to spot this on their next viewing of the film>>>

An error I caught some time ago (years ago really) occurs early, at the 3 minute 27 second mark.
This is right after Heston's automobile gets a flat tire and he's getting out of the auto (or, just after the credits finish).

As Heston gets out of the car, there is a half-second of someone, mostly just a shadow, running far in the background,
where the red arrow is pointing to below. If you blink, you miss it.

or.... one can make an excuse for the mistake in this scene - that this person in the background is the character of Dutch (Paul Koslo) sneaking around behind Neville's back (later in the plot, it's mentioned that Lisa & Dutch were aware of Neville for some time and were afraid that he might shoot them). :neville:

I wish I had your eye-sight Chrysagon. Well done for spotting that blooper, mate!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:27 am 
Astronaut

Read and enjoyed the script. But is it fully authentic?

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:01 pm 
Cheating Bastard

If you notice any free movie streaming sites of The Omega Man on your computer surfings. :P Would you kindly share those links here? :D Searched Watch32.com and it has various Charlton Heston movies to view for free, but no The Omega Man film available there. :-?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:04 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Wish I could help you, but I never use those services. Do you not own it on DVD or some other format?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:17 am 
Cheating Bastard

Detective Thorn wrote:
Wish I could help you, but I never use those services. Do you not own it on DVD or some other format?

I do. But I like to check with others of other formats they discover TOM being broadcasted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next