Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Omega Man
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 am 
Cheating Bastard

There's never a cop around when you need one !!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

I'm happy to say that after wanting one for decades, I finally purchased the original one-sheet poster for THE OMEGA MAN, which is now framed and hanging in my living room!

"Tell me something, will you -- are you fellas really with the Internal Revenue Service?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

That's cool, I bet that cost a bit, too.

Pictures! :thumbsup:

Post subject: The Omega Man
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:57 am 
Cheating Bastard

Best movie ever. Please buy the BluRay version today. " take him to the little room, for the questioning"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:37 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I decided to merge your topic with the existing one of The Omega Man, Chiliman. Good to see you here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:12 pm 
Cheating Bastard

Never mentioned this suggestion in here, but here goes. Found this photo of Steven Seagal and right away I got reminiscent thoughts of The Omega Man movie.

Plus, Nick Zounis, a Facebook member of The Family - the original Omega Man fan grouping page shared his fan clip

http://youtu.be/Uxm1tU1Cec8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPaVAt ... e=youtu.be

video creations of Steven Seagal as Colonel Robert Neville for a millenial The Omega Man remake version. It'd be cool if Steven Seagal and his film production company considered purchasing the rights to The Omega Man movie 8-) :wave: :neville: :uzi: :welcome2: :welcome1: :gift: :mrgreen: :P

Attachments:
10494778_10202898955933892_1706340942510766935_n.jpg
10494778_10202898955933892_1706340942510766935_n.jpg [ 27.71 KiB | Viewed 4266 times ]

Last edited by ch1 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:30 pm 
Cheating Bastard

Attempted to upload the below files, but they weren't allowed.

Here are a couple of clips designed with Steven Seagal fashioned as either Professor Robert Morgan as The Last Man on Earth or Colonel Robert Neville as The Omega Man milennial remake version;

file:///C:/Users/Donald/Downloads/trim.98B0F57D-66D8-41C2-B26D-35879A1D8841%20(2).MOV

file:///C:/Users/Donald/Downloads/trim.98B0F57D-66D8-41C2-B26D-35879A1D8841%20(1).MOV

Received these clips at Facebook from Nick Zounis at The Family - the original Omega Man fan grouping page

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:33 am 
Cheating Bastard

I had the good fortune of watching The Omega Man with virtually my entire immediate family tonight. I watched with my mother, brother and sister. This marks the fourth time I've seen it, the second time my mother's seen it, and the first time either my brother or sister have seen it.

I'm glad I was able to whip out my Blu-ray copy of it, and had it readily available. My mother enjoyed it and prefers it to the remake I Am Legend. My brother and sister, both in their twenties, had differing views. My sister, who thought Vertigo was just okay, while Rear Window couldn't hold her attention, liked it a lot. My brother felt it was too 70s. I enjoyed it immensely as always. I've always thought it could have been better if the cult weren't so campy and the dialog so 70s, but it's really great. I was struck this time by the unique soundtrack. I like some of the tracks quite a bit. I think the soundtrack really captures the eerie, isolated atmosphere of the film.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:17 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

better side wrote:
My sister, who thought Vertigo was just okay, while Rear Window couldn't hold her attention, liked it a lot.

Oh my :o Oh well, at least she enjoyed The Omega Man!

better side wrote:
I was struck this time by the unique soundtrack. I like some of the tracks quite a bit. I think the soundtrack really captures the eerie, isolated atmosphere of the film.

The soundtrack is one of the standout things about the movie, IMO. Really great, worth purchasing!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:35 am 
Cheating Bastard

The I Am Legend without a soundtrack is what made the movie a flop. I Am Legend's script writer's idea of the computer generated/animated zombie versions didn't help to make it as convincingly scary as The Omega Man movie's The Family/mutants. C'mon you need real human actors to make a scary insane sociopathic homicidal maniac bad cinematic role to be convincing in an apocalyptic film.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next