Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:22 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: The Naked Jungle
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:00 pm 
Cheating Bastard

James Byrne wrote:
GeorgeForeman69 wrote:
Is Heston's character meant to be autistic in this movie? Or just nervous around women?

*RIP Eleanor Parker

I think you shouldn't have used that word to describe Leiningen. Very inappropriate.

I think it'd be better if you told me "Another mistake, maybe your first mistake was coming to this forum" XP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 pm 
El Cid

Are you a boxing fan George. I attended the Joe Frazier v Joe Bugner fight at Earls Court, London, in 1973, and met the real George Foreman in person. He had a good head of hair then, ha ha!

Last edited by James Byrne on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:53 am 
Cheating Bastard

yes I am. and cool :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:18 pm 
No Water For Me

Didn't see this on the thread so here is a link from TheRaider.net an Indiana Jones site.
They compare a couple of Chuck's films to The Indy films.
Obviously this one is for The naked Jungle.

http://www.theraider.net/information/in ... jungle.php

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:25 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I had not seen that write-up, thank you for the link.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 am 
No Water For Me

It's been A while since I've watched this one. Chuck turns from cold and hard to to just and all around likeable and great guy in roughly 90 minutes.. Terrific acting makes this possible of course.
There is A line in this one I had forgotten and had my Wife and I cracking up.
It's delivered by Eleanor Parker's character.

Joanna Leiningen: Perhaps while you're here You'll open that door for Me... It seems to be stuck. And You're Very Good at opening doors.

A truly great film.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:18 am 
Prince Judah

I was watching some of The Naked Jungle again today and much of the dialog is just terrific. Leiningen and his new wife conversing is quite memorable - and also the commissioner (Conrad) has some great dialog, especially after Leiningen insults his wife in front of him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 am 
Prince Judah

It's time to revisit "Trumbo's World," that now-famous episode of MacGyver which utilized a lot of stock footage from Heston's film and has been mentioned earlier on this thread. I watched it again the other day and took a few screencaps. The first one is when MacGyver and the two guest stars see the approaching ant army in the episode; left-to-right it's MacGyver's scientist friend (Peter Jurasik), then Trumbo (David Ackroyd) and MacGyver himself (Richard Dean Anderson). It looks like the producers took the original shot of the ant army in The Naked Jungle and simply placed the 3 actors in front of a screen of that shot. Next to the MacGyver episode screencap is one from the original Naked Jungle for comparison:

ImageImage

In the MacGyver episode, the size of the ant army is described as 2 miles wide and 10 miles long for some reason; it was 20 miles long in The Naked Jungle.
Here is a nice shot of Trumbo's plantation after the ants are through with it:

____ Image

Next we have a shot of MacGyver running away after he sets an explosive at the dam (though there are differences to the plot of the MacGyver episode and The Naked Jungle, the final act action is virtually the same). It's hard to tell, but MacGyver is wearing these yellow protective trousers in this shot; but in the next long shot of him getting swamped by the wall of water, he looks dressed differently - that's because it's stock footage of Leiningen (I won't say it's Heston because it's probably a stunt double for Heston).
Image Image Image
--------------------------------------------------> :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Then, in the next shot, it's MacGyver again raising his head from beneath the rushing waters.
btw, there are several shots of the flood destroying Trumbo's plantation - it's all stock footage from The Naked Jungle.

Then we see MacGyver slowly make his way out of the water - but is it really MacGyver or more stock footage of Leiningen?
ImageImageImage
I think that the closer-up shots are really those of MacGyver, but that long shot might be of Heston from the film (stock footage again).

On the other hand, here's the actual footage from The Naked Jungle -- I guess maybe it was Heston in the close-ups also, not MacGyver!
Image Image

Finally, at the end, MacGyver gets thanked by Trumbo for the risky action of blowing up the dam and saving the plantation, even though it's all wrecked. (Trumbo sprained his ankle earlier in the story; otherwise I guess he would have done it himself - can you imagine Leiningen letting someone else make the run to blow up the dam?). Trumbo invites MacGyver to come back in a year to see how Trumbo will have rebuilt his place.
____ Image Image

Did MacGyver ever return? I dunno, but I doubt it - though it would have been a neat sequel to have MacGyver return and face killer bees or something the next time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:23 pm 
El Cid

Thanks Chrysagon, that was most interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:25 pm 
El Cid

THE NAKED JUNGLE screenplay

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scri ... eston.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9