Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: The last movie you watched...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:12 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Last movie I watched was Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train. Really cool flick. I'm planning on watching more Hitchcock movies very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:01 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

CrowMagnumMan wrote:
Last movie I watched was Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train. Really cool flick. I'm planning on watching more Hitchcock movies very soon.

I've been watching quite a lot of his movies lately. Summer is the best time for some Hitchcock, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:00 pm 
Michelangelo

The Conversation
:popcorn:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm 
Michelangelo

Airport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 pm 
Michelangelo

Airport '77

The Concorde: Airport '79

:popcorn: :popcorn:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:51 am 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Watched The Conjuring in theaters. For a modern horror film, I thought it was very good. It's pretty rare for me to like horror films from post-2000, but this one was excellent. I also liked James Wan's previous haunted house horror movie, Insidious.

After that, I watched The Pact; a low-budget haunted house type film. Not bad. Didn't impress me as much as The Conjuring, and I didn't really like the lead actress that much (aside from the fact that she was gorgeous), but it was worth a watch.

Last edited by CrowMagnumMan on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Oh really? I must watch The Conjuring then. Was pretty disappointed by Insidious, I thought the last half was pretty stupid and kind of ruined the whole movie for me.

Sinister, however, is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. Absolutely loved that movie.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 am 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Detective Thorn wrote:
Oh really? I must watch The Conjuring then. Was pretty disappointed by Insidious, I thought the last half was pretty stupid and kind of ruined the whole movie for me.

Sinister, however, is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. Absolutely loved that movie.

Yeah, I think a lot of people thought that Insidious kind of went off the rails during the second half. I still enjoyed it, but I can definitely see why it didn't work as well as the first half for most people. The Conjuring is different, though. I thought it remained a lot more grounded all the way to the end (at least, as grounded as any haunted house movie can be). James Wan has defended the ending of Insidious, but I suspect that he wanted to avoid anything like that with this movie because of how critical people were of Insidious.

Ditto about Sinister. I thought the ending was a bit underwhelming, but still good. And it felt like the main character fell prey to stupid behavior of horror movie characters a bit too much. But overall I thought it was a great modern horror movie. I much prefer this approach to "found footage". I'm looking forward to the sequel and any other horror by Scott Derrickson.

I also just watched the new The Woman in Black movie. I liked the older miniseries, but I honestly think that this one was an improvement in just about every way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:45 pm 
Michelangelo

Les Miserables (1998)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:46 pm 
Michelangelo

Sergeant York

:cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next