Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: The Last Hard Men
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Directed by: Andrew V. McLaglen
Production year: 1976
Starring: Charlton Heston, James Coburn, Barbara Hershey

Plot:

In the early 20th century, some convicts while on a road gang escape and one of the convicts is Zach Provo, a half Indian, who was sent to prison during the latter part of the 19th century. He escapes with 6 others to exact vengeance on Sam Burgade the lawman who not only captured him but was also responsible for the death of Provo's wife, at least in Provo's mind. Part of his plan is to kidnap Burgade's daughter, which prompts him to strap on his guns and go after him on horseback. Can Burgade who has been retired for sometime still have what it takes to track Provo down?

Post subject: Re: The Last Hard Men
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

NOTE: This thread will be used for general talk of the movie The Last Hard Men. If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss, please start a new topic in this section.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:12 pm 
Michelangelo

Just found this clip

:cowboy1: :uzi: :neville:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:37 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Thanks, I haven't seen this movie yet, that clip sure made me want to even more! I believe it's only available on DVD's released in Spain, Holland and England.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:22 pm 
Michelangelo

I got my copy from amazon.de

It was released on 2 April 2007 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entert.

Title: Der letzte der harten Männer

Format: Dolby, HiFi Sound, PAL

Language: Deutsch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Englisch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Italienisch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Französisch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Spanisch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)

Subtitle: Deutsch, Spanisch, Dänisch, Niederländisch, Finnisch, Italienisch, Norwegisch, Schwedisch, Ungarisch, Türkisch, Arabisch, Bulgarisch, Kroatisch, Tschechisch, Griechisch, Hebräisch, Portugiesisch, Isländisch, Französisch

:cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:14 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Thanks for that info, I guess the Germans have it as well (what don't they have?!)

Nice to see there's Swedish subtitles as well. My only problem when buying foreign DVD's is that I prefer the titles to be in English or Swedish. I only buy foreign releases when it's the only option available or if the foreign edition is much better.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:54 am 
No Water For Me

I have had this DVD now on region 2 for more than a year now and have only just watched it.
it is certainly a very bloody film. When anybody gets shot in this film or stabbed the blood flows.
I enjoyed the cinematography, the music, the banter between the badies as they argued amongst each other, and of course i enjoyed watching a very human Charlton Heston fighting for the return of his daughter from the baddies who had kidnapped her. I didnt read any reviews before i watched this picture so the controversial scene 2/3 thirds of the way through this picture certainly did shock me. I read that 10 minutes was cut prior to its release. My version is 93 minutes long and the IMDB website lists the film as 98 minutes long. I would certainly like to know what scenes were cut.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 pm 
Michelangelo

Attention: Heston fans in USA

Thur. June 2 3:20 AM MAX The Last Hard Men
:cheers:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I wish Heston movies were shown more often here in Sweden. It really is rarely that they are televised on basic cable at least.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:07 pm 
Michelangelo

The Last Hard Men (Trailer) (by dvdinfatuation)
Rating: R (restricted: Under 17 requires accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian)

:neville: