Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:16 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: The Colby's (TV-series)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 pm 
Michelangelo

CBS Drama to repeat The Colbys

http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1428:cbs-drama-to-repeat-the-colbys&catid=24:soap-news&Itemid=27

Quote:
CBS Drama will begin repeating The Colbys on Monday 25th July with three airings daily at 8am, 1pm and 6pm. CBS Drama is available on Sky channel 149 and Freesat channel 134

:sherlock: :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

That's terrific news! I wonder when this show aired in the US the last time? Perhaps this could increase interest in releasing it on DVD.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:54 pm 
Prince Judah

Wow - check this out > I just came across this Colbys clip, an intense confrontation scene of Charlton 'Long John Silver' Heston vs. Ricardo 'Khan' Montalban! Has to be seen to be believed, with a shocking conclusion (I realize some here may want to skip this if they prefer to be in the dark until watching the series on DVD or TV), but it's a must for Heston fans:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 am 
Prince Judah

Here's the key Dynasty episode "The Titans" which introduced the Colbys (or at least has one of their earliest appearances) and the Colby patriarch played by Heston. After the very long credits (a lot of actors), the first scene is with Heston, John Forsythe and Barbara Stanwyck, so you don't have to watch the whole thing if you just want to see a classic Heston TV scene:

There's also a key scene with Heston and Stephanie Beacham in the middle of part 3:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:59 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I watched the first part of The Titans, I won't spoil myself by watching all of it until I get the sixth season box set of Dynasty. That was a great scene with good acting, it really made me want to see more of the episode and of course, more of The Colbys.

By the way, when I googled "Dynasty Season 6 DVD" I was brought to the Ultimate Dynasty website. While there I got this great picture of the Colbys cast from that section of the site:

Check out the section here: http://www.ultimatedynasty.net/thecolbys.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 am 
Prince Judah

Found a homepage about the COLBYS, click on it if anybody is interested- http://www.ultimatedynasty.net/thecolbys.html

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

My post above yours actually mentions that site and links to it as well :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

The fansite mentioned above seems to have vanished. There is a Facebook page with the same name though, I guess perhaps they removed the site and decided to use Facebook instead? Really hope that's not the case, hate it when that happens to fansites and forums. Not all of us are on Facebook.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 am 
Prince Judah

There's a site called MemoryLane that sells DVD box sets of various TV series, The Colbys included: http://memorylanedvd.com/product.php?pr ... t=0&page=1 Image

I haven't ordered this because it's expensive and I'm afraid it may be of the same low quality as the DVD-R set I recently purchased of the Chiefs mini-series. But, if someone else here wants to take the chance... :-?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 am 
Prince Judah

Here's the write-up at the site, which sounds impressive:

Every Memorable Episode in One Huge Collection - Lowest Price Online Guaranteed

The Colbys (originally titled Dynasty II: The Colbys) is an American prime time soap opera which aired on ABC from November 20, 1985 to March 26, 1987. The Aaron Spelling-produced series was a spin-off from the more successful Dynasty, which had been ranked #1 for the 1984-1985 U.S. television season. Intended to surpass its predecessor in opulence, the series' producers were handed an immensely high budget and cast a handful of film actors among its leads, including Charlton Heston, Katharine Ross, Barbara Stanwyck and Ricardo Montalban.

On Dynasty, it is revealed that presumed-dead heiress Fallon Carrington Colby is in fact alive, suffering from amnesia and using the name Randall Adams. Drawn to California, she meets playboy Miles Colby, not realizing that he is the cousin of her ex-husband, Jeff Colby. A mutual business venture brings the Colbys of California to the Denver mansion of Fallon's father Blake Carrington. [2]

Set in Los Angeles, The Colbys focuses on the extended Colby family, as Jeff relocates to California to start his life anew ?Ñ and comes face to face with Fallon, now married to his cousin Miles. A fierce rivalry is sparked between Jeff and Miles, and the love triangle spans the series. Miles' father, billionaire Jason Colby, has a rocky marriage to the icy Sable, in part due to his longtime attraction to Sable's sister Francesca ?Ñ Jeff's estranged mother, and the former wife of Jason's deceased brother Philip. Other characters include Jason's powerful sister Constance, Miles' twin sister Monica and their third sibling Bliss.

Starring:
Charlton Heston
John James
Katharine Ross
Emma Samms
Stephanie Beacham
Maxwell Caulfield

What an amazing DVD Set for The Colbys Fan!

ALL 49 Uncut Episodes - 2 Seasons on 11 DVDS

Excellent video and audio quality
100% in chronological order
Commercial free and unedited
This box set contains all 11 DVDs with Custom Artwork.
These DVDs are region free so they will play on any DVD player Worldwide and DVD-Rom, X-Box or PS2 worldwide.

These are brand new, in stock and ready to ship. On Sale for a Limited Time only.

Regular price USD $99.00
Sale Price: USD $59.95