Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:23 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: The Call of the Wild
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Japanese poster.

Attachments:
calljap.png
calljap.png [ 251.37 KiB | Viewed 1580 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

East German poster.

Attachments:
calleast.png
calleast.png [ 310.8 KiB | Viewed 1580 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:45 am 
El Cid

Hey, Fendell, thanks for all those posters. I love 'em!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:13 am 
Prince Judah

I have one of those cheap DVDs of this film which came out when DVD was in its infancy and the picture quality is quite substandard, like average VHS quality. But, another option is to watch this at Stagevu.com - the picture quality is pretty good: http://stagevu.com/video/ywenamaenklj

This film is more about the German Shepherd dog than any of the human characters, including Heston, who is however in the biggest human role. James Byrne is right about the bad dubbing, but it is Heston's own voice.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 am 
Astronaut

I have just noticed that the whole movie is available in youtube-- not in parts but as a whole. I think I should download it to watch in the Christmas.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 pm 
Prince Judah

Chrysagon wrote:
this film is more about the German Shepherd dog than any of the human characters, including Heston, who is however in the biggest human role. James Byrne is right about the bad dubbing, but it is Heston's own voice.

Yeah , it reminds me of William Faulkner's 'The Bear'-- more about the animal than human beings. A Nature vs. Man- type story. But Chuck's role is not so unimpressive as he tells us in his autobiography.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:50 pm 
Astronaut

I was browsing the IMDB messageboard and found a great review there,(in fact , all the reviews are positive, and it shows the the movie is actually not the 'worst' one made by Heston, as he himself said. The best review is full of praise of the great adventure story itself and of Heston's acting. The author is one Freddy Levit from Australia, and seems to be a big Heston fan. i think we may invite him here, so that we can have a good discussion of this underrated movie.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm 
El Cid

tizzyd wrote:
I was browsing the IMDB messageboard and found a great review there,(in fact , all the reviews are positive, and it shows the the movie is actually not the 'worst' one made by Heston, as he himself said. The best review is full of praise of the great adventure story itself and of Heston's acting. The author is one Freddy Levit from Australia, and seems to be a big Heston fan. i think we may invite him here, so that we can have a good discussion of this underrated movie.

Yes, Tizzyd, that was a very good review from Freddy Levit. CALL OF THE WILD isn't Heston's worst movie anyway, SOLAR CRISIS beats it hand's down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm 
Prince Judah

Yeah, an adventure story by an author as fascinating as Jack London and its movie version starring one like Chuck cannot be too bad, rather it seems a perfect match. The movie might not have received its due for other reasons.

I am glad to see that the forumsite is now working well for you.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:32 pm 
El Cid

CALL OF THE WILD is a tremendously entertaining book, its such a pity that this Heston version was such a bust.