Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:26 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Starting a bi-monthly newsletter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:22 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I've been toying around with the idea of creating a bi-monthly newsletter for a while now and would like to know your thoughts on this. I got the idea when noticing that whenever I send a forum mail out to all members, we get to see some old members who hasn't been active again, who decide to make some new posts as they are reminded of the forum when they receive the forum mail. I like it when that happens and hope a regular newsletter will make sure we see those old faces more regularly, and make sure new members won't forget about us if they've only signed up but not started posting yet.

What to include the newsletter is a bit tough, since there normally aren't a lot of news available regarding Chuck. One thing I'll include is any news or rumors regarding new releases of Heston movies on DVD and Blu-ray, if any. I like the idea of keeping everyone up to date in that area, since most of us want as complete a collection of his movies as possible. My newsletter regarding the new Czech Republic release of My Father, Rua Alguem 5555 on DVD received a lot of great response and resulted in a lot of copies being sold via the Amazon seller who has it for sale. The newsletter could also include tips on current/active topics on the forum that may be of interest to others. The Brando comparison thread by Chrysagon and the James Byrne's meeting with Chuck thread got a lot of good response, too.

What do you think about the idea of a bi-monthly newsletter and what else would you like to see in them?

Post subject: Re: Starting a bi-monthly newsletter
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:23 am 
El Cid

Thorn
A bi-monthly newsletter is a splendid idea.
I would like to read of any rare items of Heston memorabilia that are available on Ebay, brand new dvd releases of Heston movies and any excellent posts from Heston Forum members that may warrant special attention. I liked the fact that Chrysagon's wonderful Brando comparison list alerted me to purchase one of the all-time great documentaries which featured Heston; KING: A FILMED RECORD .... FROM MONTGOMERY TO MEMPHIS (actually I told my daughter to get me it for my birthday) which in turn led me to another documentary featuring Heston, SING YOUR SONG, which chronicles Harry Belafonte's extraordinary life and career.
So these reminders that you send to us, Thorn, are extremely beneficial.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:28 am 
Marabunta

is an idea, also if for some members there is the problem about the region factor, I dont exclude that can be the idea interesting maybe with also general and more large infomations, like new books and notices, decide you and thought about

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I will definitely mention the region of the DVD's and such, since not everyone have region free DVD's or Blu-rays. I like the eBay idea myself, if I ever come across something special on there I'll be sure to notify everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:08 am 
Prince Judah

I like the idea, and I think the newsletter should look broader in its scope than simply reminding the members of events and providing some update news. Can it be conceived as a 'face' of the forums, with contributions from those who are interested, with writings, new-found pictures or graphic art, whatever... ? One section will definitely include the reminder and update, but it would be better if we can make it beyond that as well.

In what form will it appear? Should it have a cover-page? If it is so, please let me do the cover-design.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:32 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

The look will be the same as on the other newsletters and messages I've sent, it won't be possible to send it out in any other way using Freeforums.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:07 pm 
Prince Judah

I am sorry, my idea was that a newsletter is like an e-jounral representing a community. Pardon my ignorance.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:02 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

That's ok, I really wish there was something more that could be done with the tools available.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:27 pm 
Marabunta

I have today the first newsletter of Heston's forum and I like very much the same :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:05 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

thegoldenage3060 wrote:
I have today the first newsletter of Heston's forum and I like very much the same :)

Thank you for letting me know you got it. I haven't received it yet for some reason :-?

Now that you've confirmed it was successfully sent out, I've posted the newsletter here for those who prefer to read it on the forum, where it may be a little bit easier on the eyes: bimonthly-newsletter-1-t503.html