Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Secret of the Incas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:29 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Directed by: Jerry Hopper
Production year: 1954
Starring: Charlton Heston, Robert Young, Nicole Maurey

Plot:

An Inca legend says the Inca Empire was destroyed by the gods when a gold and jeweled star burst was stolen from the Temple of the Sun centuries ago, and the ancient civilization will spring anew when the treasure is returned. The natives want it but so does Harry Steele, an American adventurer of slightly-shady ways who wants it for personal gain, as does his adversary, a grizzled old man even more into skulduggery than Steele. The latter teams up with Elena Antonescu, an Iron Curtain refugee fleeing from the MKVD. She can help him get a plane and he can help her escape Peru for the relative safety of Mexico.Is there a chance they will end up in a bickering love-hate relationship?... Is there a chance an American archaeologist, Dr. Stanley Moorehead, will come along as one corner of a romantic triangle?... Is there a chance that Yma Sumac (billed third on the posters and ads and special billed in the film), who can't act but can sing, will sing a few songs?...

Post subject: Re: Secret of the Incas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:33 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

There is a terrific fansite dedicated to this movie. You can find it here: http://www.secretoftheincas.co.uk/

The creator of that site is a fellow member of this forum. I invited him to join and he gladly accepted. James, a few words on this forgotten classic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 pm 
No Water For Me

Hi
James and I have been busy updating the site today, rescanning old pictures to improve the quality as well as scanning new ones, We hope to have it up and running very soon, so keep looking in !

in the meantime, I hope you appreciate the "teaser"....

Last edited by J. Arthur Krank on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Very nice work, and thanks for joining, J. Arthur Frank! I love the artwork of movies made in the same era as Secret of the Incas. That's an Italian poster, right?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:54 pm 
No Water For Me

Hi, Yes this is an italian quad sheet, it is actually a composite of several photographs stitched together in photoshop. If you went to a Cinema expecting to see any of the action featured on this poster, you were going to be disappointed !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:49 am 
El Cid

All the Italian posters advertising this movie are a hoot ... that's the reason why I paid a considerable amount of money purchasing them!
IL SEGRETO DEGLI INCAS (seen above) is a composite of a still of Heston and Jack Palance in the fierce finale from ARROWHEAD. The Jack Palance character is a native American Indian called Toriano who is a "blood brother" of Heston, and they absolutely despise each other. The only solution is to try and kill each other. Italian cinemagoers in 1954 who went to see SECRET OF THE INCAS were probably immensely disappointed that Heston wasn't trying to strangle some South American Indians in the movie!
All the other Italian posters have totally different scenes from other Heston movies on them also ... and will be featured on the new site being developed on SECRET OF THE INCAS.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:31 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

That's pretty damn funny, James. Were they even allowed to do that, legally? I guess there wasn't a big issue since both movies are made by Paramount Studios.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:48 pm 
El Cid

It seems they were allowed to get away with it Thorn ... because nearly every SECRET OF THE INCAS Italian poster bears no resemblance to the plot of the movie.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Lazy bastards :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:38 pm 
No Water For Me

This has got to be my favourite version, the cleavage quotient is fully maxed, and it has burning helicopters . What else do you need ?

Last edited by J. Arthur Krank on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 84  Next