Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:32 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Secret of the Incas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:51 pm 
Call Me Harry

Interesting read

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:21 pm 
El Cid

EL-CID-1983 wrote:
Interesting read

Would you like to elaborate, Cid?

Which article did you find interesting?

Hey, this is my 1,000th post on the Charlton Heston Forum, and my most active topic is, surprise, surprise, SECRET OF THE INCAS with 431 Posts (43.10% of my posts).

There has been 721 replies on this INCAS board, and I am responsible for 431 of them!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:48 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

James Byrne wrote:
EL-CID-1983 wrote:
Interesting read

Would you like to elaborate, Cid?

Which article did you find interesting?

Hey, this is my 1,000th post on the Charlton Heston Forum, and my most active topic is, surprise, surprise, SECRET OF THE INCAS with 431 Posts (43.10% of my posts).

There has been 721 replies on this INCAS board, and I am responsible for 431 of them!

Thanks a lot for your continuing support, contributions and activity on this forum. This place surely wouldn't be the same without you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:49 am 
El Cid

It's a pleasure Thorn. Sometimes I feel like THE OMEGA MAN because I appear to be talking to myself, but I really love this Heston Forum.

Many thanks to you, Sir, for making it happen!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:35 pm 
El Cid

The internet has some strange characters inhabiting it, hasn't it?

I just looked at the IMDb board on SECRET OF THE INCAS and came across this little gem.

Added to The Definitive Action Romance List
by mam13143
(Fri Jan 8 2016 18:01:18)
IMDb member since November 2004

Thirty minutes into the movie and it's set a record for nothing happening of any sort. Heston looks perpetually drunk and except for the outfit bears little resemblance to Indiana Jones. Hope it improves.

"Heston looks perpetually drunk" is a statement that totally mystifies me, but then again, as I said before, the internet has some very weird and wonderful people blogging on it.

I wonder why "mam13143" wrote such a silly thing as that? Anybody who reads his/her post who hasn't seen the movie would imagine Heston staggering around slurring his words .... which is the absolute opposite to Heston's wonderful performance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:41 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I don't get, nor will I ever, people who claim to be watching a movie yet at the same time are posting on forums, Facebook and so on. That's not watching a movie because you're not focusing on the damn thing if you're multitasking.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:07 pm 
El Cid

I agree. If you are watching a movie, you are supposed to be engrossed in it, not "waiting for some action scenes."

Obviously "mam13143" wasn't paying any attention to the movie at all, if he thought Heston was drunk in it. The only time I have seen Heston drunk in a movie was MAJOR DUNDEE (coincidentally Michael Pate was in it), but that was part of the script. Was Heston playing drunk in THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY as well? I'm not entirely sure but I seem to recall him in an Italian tavern with a few young ladies swilling a few jars.

I don't like any disturbance when I'm watching a movie, Thorn. I went with my family to the cinema to see Heston in the Tim Burton PLANET OF THE APES and my daughter said to me, "That's Heston as the old ape, isn't it dad?" just as I was taking in Heston's anti-gun dialogue, which of course, I found intriguing. I had to answer my daughter, "You know it is Kerry, you've seen enough Heston movies haven't you!" but I was miffed that she had spoilt my concentration on Heston's key scene.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:07 pm 
El Cid

Chrysagon wrote:
There's a Blog by a Dan Tickle who illustrates humorous takes on films like Secret of the Incas;
http://dtickledesign.blogspot.com/2011/ ... incas.html - maybe he creates these on request - instant memorabilia!

Dan Tickle is very talented .... but, why on earth didn't he depict the characters from the film in the likeness of Heston and the rest of the actors?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:14 pm 
El Cid

James Byrne wrote:
The internet has some strange characters inhabiting it, hasn't it?

A brand new "review" of SECRET OF THE INCAS has just popped up on the IMDb and is a good example of of what I wrote above.

This Inca is a Stinka

Author: Tracy Winters from Carlsbad, CA
18 January 2016
Stinkin' Incan tripe starring everybody's favorite bad actor, Chuckleton Messton.

Messton is a cocky Peruvian guide who caters to people with names like Morris who have lots of money while concomitantly dissing people with names like Morgan who are considered crud in this cruddy flick. Not much happens for eons until another burro wanders into a scene to up-stage the actors... again. It's a rather bad film when the jackasses are more interesting than the characters in the story.

Add this movie to your list of stuff to watch after you've run out of Sominex.... you really have to make sure you're stocked up on those sleeping pills so viewing garbage like this won't be necessary.

The "reviewer" is Tracy Winters from California, and I looked at his/her IMDb profile. Every film this idiotic troll reviews gets a good slating, including classics like JAWS, THE WIZARD OF OZ, and IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, to name just a few. Heston's movie THE MOUNTAIN MEN is called a rip-off of JEREMIAH JOHNSON, which is truly ridiculous. Here is the troll's profile, http://www.imdb.com/user/ur61355439/

The thing is, every review that is submitted to the IMDb has to pass muster by the administrator. Why on earth he allowed this childish tripe to see the light of day beggars belief!

Have their standards stooped so low?

Here is Tracy Winters "review" of THE MOUNTAIN MEN.

The Mountain Men (1980)
0 out of 2 people found the following review useful:
The Mountain Derelicts, 12 August 2015

What do you get when you cast Charlton Heston as a mountain man and put him in a confused movie badly written by his son Fraser? If you answered "a mess", then you win the Golden Beaver Pelt.

Heston teams with Brian Keith - who's favorite word here appears to be "G*d-dammit". These two 'heroes' of ours spit, cuss, and fart their way through the Rockies trying to figure out what the hell tribe of Indians is following them.... Blackfeet or Crow? You never really find out, but you never really care, either.

Apparently a rip-off of the 1972 western 'Jeremiah Johnson', considering all the similarities in the script which Fraser Heston penned as his own. You might want to tune in if you have a penchant for Native-Americans who moon the enemy and talk about balls every five minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:35 pm 
El Cid

This blog made me very happy, not to mention quite surprised, after reading all the negative reviews on SECRET OF THE INCAS recently.

http://www.filmstory.org/search?p=4&q=Iconic films&f=theme puts SECRET OF THE INCAS in some pretty esteemed company as it lists and previews ICONIC FILMS.

BEN-HUR
THE SEVENTH SEAL
GONE WITH THE WIND
METROPOLIS
LA GRAND ILLUSION
BIRTH OF A NATION
THE SEARCHERS
TOKYO STORY
TRIUMPH OF THE WILL

are some of the other movies next to SECRET OF THE INCAS. These are not only some of the greatest movies ever made, but they are acknowledged classics as well, so SECRET OF THE INCAS is finally getting some well deserved recognition at last. Here's the link to the movie http://www.filmstory.org/films/1300

I love the way Nicole Maurey is described as a "gorgeous woman with a sexy accent."

Very true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 84  Next