Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: References to Charlton Heston
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:11 pm 
Prince Judah

Another reference , not a good one, but see ...

http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/2012/ ... is-bo.html

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:42 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

itsjudah24 wrote:
The IMDb page on MADAGASKAR shows a reference to Chuck's famous lines in the POTA. Here is the sequence:

After Melman accidentally burns down the wooden Statue of Liberty we see Alex the Lion kneeling in front of it paraphrasing the famous Charlton Heston scene from the end of Planet of the Apes. Alex says "You maniacs, you burned it up. Darn you! Darn you all to heck!

By the way, has anyone posted it before?

I honestly don't remember, I don't think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:04 pm 
Cheating Bastard

I found a doozy. It's from The King of Queens S2E10, entitled Roamin' Holiday.

Doug and his wife, Carrie, are having dinner at their house with an old friend of hers and the woman's husband. The husband is stiff, unpleasant and humorless. Doug has this exchange with him while their wives are chatting in the kitchen:

Quote:
the other husband: What do you think about the head of your company giving money to the NRA?

Doug: I didn't realize he did.

the other husband: Half a million dollars. Have to really like assault rifles to give that kind of money.

Doug: Maybe he just likes Charlton Heston, you know? "Get your hands off me you damn dirty ape." You know that? You know that movie, The Planet of the Apes? That was a good movie, huh?

the other husband: I think Heston's a Nazi.

This other guy is so insufferable that Doug spends the rest of the episode scheming to make sure he and his wife can't stay with them for Thanksgiving. I think you can see why.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:23 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

better side wrote:
I found a doozy. It's from The King of Queens S2E10, entitled Roamin' Holiday.

Doug and his wife, Carrie, are having dinner at their house with an old friend of hers and the woman's husband. The husband is stiff, unpleasant and humorless. Doug has this exchange with him while their wives are chatting in the kitchen:

Quote:
the other husband: What do you think about the head of your company giving money to the NRA?

Doug: I didn't realize he did.

the other husband: Half a million dollars. Have to really like assault rifles to give that kind of money.

Doug: Maybe he just likes Charlton Heston, you know? "Get your hands off me you damn dirty ape." You know that? You know that movie, The Planet of the Apes? That was a good movie, huh?

the other husband: I think Heston's a Nazi.

This other guy is so insufferable that Doug spends the rest of the episode scheming to make sure he and his wife can't stay with them for Thanksgiving. I think you can see why.

:lol: That's funny, haven't seen that episode before but I really like that show.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:08 am 
Cheating Bastard

Detective Thorn wrote:
:lol: That's funny, haven't seen that episode before but I really like that show.

Yeah, it was a very funny show. That episode alone had quite a few good jokes. Kevin James and Jerry Stiller were a perfect comedy duo. I wasn't expecting the Heston reference. The guy in question must have forgotten that Mr. Heston actually participated in the war against the Nazis, before demonstrating in favor of Civil Rights and all the rest. It's easy to see why he made the title of his autobiography In the Arena. That's where he spent his life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 am 
Prince Judah

A book called American Folk Art: A Regional Reference, by Kristin G. Congdon and Kara Kelley Hallmark records the experience of an artist named David Philpot, who had been inspired by The Ten Commandments where Chuck as Moses held out his staff. Philpot excels in making wooden staffs with folk-art motifs curved on them. Page 434 of the said book features a picture of a serpent-staff made by Philpot, obviously influenced by the scene where Moses throws the staff and it turns into a snake.

You may find the book at https://books.google.co.in/books?id=UxI ... on&f=false

I know this Man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9