Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Recurring actors & actresses in Charlton Heston movies
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm 
El Cid

You have omitted THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON next to Milburn Stone's name. Stone was also in ARROWHEAD and THE SAVAGE, and appeared with Lydia Clarke Heston in THE ATOMIC CITY, a wonderful Cold-War drama directed by Jerry Hopper (SECRET OF THE INCAS, PONY EXPRESS and THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Thanks, James! It's been corrected.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 pm 
Prince Judah

Just a couple of questions, Thorn:

1) shouldn't Milburn Stone's name be moved up so that it's next to the other actors with 3 films? (such as next to Lorne Greene)

2) this may have been asked before - does Robert Mitchum qualify? He was in Midway with Heston and narrated Tombstone. Maybe being credited as a narrator is not enough -- and it opens the door to other possibles. You'd probably need to mention that he was just a narrator for Tombstone if you do list him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Chrysagon wrote:
Just a couple of questions, Thorn:

1) shouldn't Milburn Stone's name be moved up so that it's next to the other actors with 3 films? (such as next to Lorne Greene)

That is correct, I forgot to bump him up a notch when adding the new title besides his name.
Chrysagon wrote:
2) this may have been asked before - does Robert Mitchum qualify? He was in Midway with Heston and narrated Tombstone. Maybe being credited as a narrator is not enough -- and it opens the door to other possibles. You'd probably need to mention that he was just a narrator for Tombstone if you do list him.

Interesting, a very hard question to answer. I think he should be counted, while noting he was a narrator as you pointed out. If anyone feels differently, let me know since it's very debatable. I'll put off adding his name until I get some more feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:37 pm 
Michelangelo

Vicki Bakken: The Ten Commandments Egyptian Courtesan (uncredited); The Greatest Show on Earth Vicki (uncredited)

:cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm 
Michelangelo

Richard Briers : Hamlet (Polonius) 1996; The Four Musketeers (Louis XIII (voice)) (uncredited) 1974; The Three Musketeers (Louis XIII (voice)) (uncredited) 1973

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:17 pm 
Michelangelo

Mary Sinclair: Arrowhead (Lela Wilson); Studio One-Wuthering Heights (Catherine Earnshaw Linton); Studio One-Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:57 am 
El Cid

Kenny Miller says to Heston at the beginning of THE BUCCANEER - 'You been with Old Hawkface long?' to which Heston replies to the young sentry, 'I AM old Hawkface!'

Miller was also one of the gang who threaten Heston and Janet Leigh in TOUCH OF EVIL.

Here is a nice article on Kenny Miller-
http://www.dpriol.com/KENNY-MILLER.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:03 pm 
Michelangelo

Bart Burns ... as
Ed Davis (Number One 1969)
Rafe Quint (Will Penny 1968 )

AFI FEST 2013: Honoring Vetreran NEBRASKA Actor Bruce Dern

http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/bruce-d ... -afi-fest/

Quote:
The Los Angeles-based AFI FEST, which kicked off last Thursday, November 7, 2013, continues until next Thursday. On Monday, November 11, the highlight of AFI FEST 2013 is Alexander Payne’s Nebraska (7:00 p.m. at TCL Chinese Theatre), likely to earn a Best Actor Academy Award nomination for veteran Bruce Dern, who earlier this year took home the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photo: Bruce Dern, Will Forte in Nebraska.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:12 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Great! List updated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next