Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Ranks - Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Ranks last updated on June 7th, 2012

I have added ranks to the forums that are taken from the films of Charlton Heston. At the moment, the ranks are as follows:

0-24: No Water For Me
25-49: Cheating *******
50-99: Soylent Corp. Lackey
100-199: Marabunta
200-299: Call Me Harry
300-399: Richelieu
400-499: Baptist
500-599: Astronaut
600-699: Michelangelo
700-799: Charioteer
800-899: Cowboy
900-999: War Lord
1000-1249: El Cid
1250-1449: Judah
1500-1999: Moses
2000-: Omega Poster

However, I'm open for suggestions to new ranks. So if you have a rank in mind that you'd like to see here on the forum, please post it here or via PM to me and I'll do my best to add it among the other ranks.

Post subject: Re: Ranks - Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 pm 
Cheating Bastard

THE VOICE OF GOD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:49 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Good suggestion, that should be one of the highes ones, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 pm 
Prince Judah

I know it's a little late to be suggesting ranks now (though maybe it's appropriate in light on the 1-year anniversary in a few days), but I just realized that there's no War Lord rank. War Lord is a natural rank, a high one going back to medieval times, in Britain and so on. Maybe it can replace Cowboy, which I never really understood - the why of it or why it's such a high rank here. Maybe the time to adjust the rankings will be on Nov. 1st, eh? :cool2:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:51 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Chrysagon wrote:
I know it's a little late to be suggesting ranks now (though maybe it's appropriate in light on the 1-year anniversary in a few days), but I just realized that there's no War Lord rank. War Lord is a natural rank, a high one going back to medieval times, in Britain and so on. Maybe it can replace Cowboy, which I never really understood - the why of it or why it's such a high rank here. Maybe the time to adjust the rankings will be on Nov. 1st, eh? :cool2:

The Cowboy one is there due to the many westerns Chuck did. When you think of westerns, you immediately think of cowboys, even though Chuck didn't always play one. War Lord is a great idea for a rank, and it's never too late to add new ones.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:38 pm 
Prince Judah

I also should mention that I thought it would be cool to have the War Lord rank just before the El Cid rank - kind of a natural progression. In other words, a member first attains the War Lord rank, then the next one would be the El Cid rank. Of course, everyone has a long way to go to get to that point... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:06 pm 
Prince Judah

Suggestions for ranks discussion was brought up on another thread just recently (on Secret of the Incas), so I figured I'd re-open the 'suggestion box' again here. I thought of another way to keep the Cowboy rank and still add the War Lord rank. First, replace El Cid with War Lord; then add El Cid to the 1000-1099 rank level; change Omega Poster to 1100-1499.

Judah also suggested a 'Call Me Harry' rank; maybe you can split that new one with Damned all to hell i.e. make Damned 200-249 and 'Harry' 250-299.
There are obviously other ways to finagle all this; that was just one way. :harrysteele: :cowboy1: :elcid:
For example, for James Byrne's sake, you make the 'Call Me Harry' rank the 300-399 level and shift the 'Richelieu' rank down to replace Damned altogether.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:02 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I've done some changes now that I hope you'll approve of. I removed Damned All to Hell and replaced it with Call Me Harry, made Omega Poster the very highest rank, added War Lord just before El Cid. I switched places with Judah and Moses and you'll now reach Judah once you've posted 1250 posts and will reach Moses once you've posted 1500 times.

Wow, that was exhausting! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:42 pm 
Prince Judah

Detective Thorn wrote:
I've done some changes now that I hope you'll approve of. I removed Damned All to Hell and replaced it with Call Me Harry, made Omega Poster the very highest rank, added War Lord just before El Cid. I switched places with Judah and Moses and you'll now reach Judah once you've posted 1250 posts and will reach Moses once you've posted 1500 times.

Wow, that was exhausting! :lol:

Wow, that was quick ! :lol:

Looking good, Thorn. The reason I suggested the Call Me Harry rank for the 300-399 level was that this would be something that James could look forward to, but either way works; I'm sure he'll be pleased with the change. "Richelieu" sounds like a higher rank than "Call Me Harry" so that does make sense. Criminy, this is exhausting - and I'm not even doing the work..! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 am 
Astronaut

Cheers to your efforts to keep all of us pleased--- it is really exhausting to ensure everybody's smile , being an Admin. Here's a couplet that appreciates your work--

'The Greatest Admin ever born'
Who is that? Our Thorn!

My Lord, I too am bewitched!