Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Heston's Stage Plays
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:39 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

A shame you didn't get to meet Chuck, but meeting the other two must have been great. I'm a big admirer of Jack Lemmon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:28 pm 
Prince Judah

Here is a BBC News report on Chuck's stage play 'Love Letters' which he did with Lydia.

Heston stages West End comeback

Hollywood legend Charlton Heston is back on the London stage in a revival of a play he originally toured with two years ago. The 75-year-old is starring in AR Gurney's poignant Love Letters with his wife of 56 years, Lydia.

The veteran couple sit throughout the play which is about two lovers' lifelong correspondence. They have played the roles before in US productions and on a regional tour of the UK in 1997. Heston last appeared in London at the Queen's Theatre in The Caine Mutiny Court Martial in 1985.

Heston says Love Letters is funny and poignant. "It's a very unusual piece. It's a two-hander," says Heston.

"It consists of two people - a man and a woman - sitting side by side at a desk, reading letters they have written to each other starting when they're eight years old until they're in their 60s. "I know of few pieces that are as funny as this is and at the same time as heartbreaking, it's a marvellous piece of work."

Heston has played his role opposite other actresses in the past, but - unsurprisingly - he says his wife Lydia is the best. "She was born for it," he adds.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:08 am 
Astronaut

Heston with Gwen Watford in 'A Man for all Seasons' on stage--

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:15 am 
Prince Judah

I have found a nice report-*** interview with Chuck on his role as Thomas More in A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS, and his views on the theatre and plays ingeneral. I tried to copy the content but it does not help. You may enjoy reading this at http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 99,5420580

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:11 pm 
Prince Judah

Charles Nolte, Charlton Heston and Martha Scott in costume for the stage-play 'A Stained Glass Window'.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm 
Prince Judah

Chuck during his University days -- playing in 'Hedda Gabler' on stage --

I know this Man!