Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Great Christmas movies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

As a sequel to this thread: great-christmas-songs-t124.html, I now ask what are some of your favorite Christmas movies? Which ones do you pop in the DVD player leading up to Christmas, and which ones do you watch on Christmas Eve/Day?

:cosychristmas: :xmastree: :xmascandle: :santa3:

Post subject: Re: Great Christmas movies
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:07 am 
Michelangelo

Most likely, either two or all of them:
It's Wonderful Life
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
E.T.
Casablanca
Charlton Heston Presents Bible
:xmastree: :santa3: :popcorn: :xmascandle: :cosychristmas:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 am 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

I go to the cinemas and watch "Nightmare Before Christmas" the day before Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I finished watching All I Want for Christmas just now.

I was mainly interested because Leslie Nielsen seemed to have a big part in it. Well, despite being on the cover he was only in the movie for about 3 minutes. Overall it was not a very good movie, I won't be adding it to the ones I usually watch this time of the year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:21 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Here are some movies that I watch every year sometime in December:

I especially like Christmas Vacation, Scrooged and Jingle All the Way. A new favorite of recent years is Christmas with the Kranks. These films never fail to put me in a good Christmas mood.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:21 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Has anyone been watching some of the movies mentioned in this thread yet? Or some other Christmas classics, perhaps?

I myself haven't seen as many movies as I had liked to, been pretty busy these past weeks. Last one I watched was Christmas With the Kranks. Tomorrow I'll be watching Scrooged and of courlse, Jingle All the Way for the 14th year in a row :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:09 pm 
Prince Judah

Isn't anybody going to watch the Christmas-scene from 'Will Penny'?

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:40 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Bought this movie last year and watched it last night for the first time. It was pretty good, Patrick Stewart as Ebenezer Scrooge was very good though. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:05 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Last year I watched a Charles Bronson Christmas movie. Yes, Charles Bronson in a Christmas movie :lol: It was a sweet little TV-movie named after the infamous editorial Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus and revolves around Virginia and her family and the reporter (played by Charles Bronson). It was made in 1991, as the end of his career was getting closer. I really enjoyed it and will be watching it again the season.

I'm keeping the tradition of watching tough guys acting in Christmas movies alive by adding the 1997 TV-movie entitled I'll Be Home for Christmas to my viewing list this year, it stars Jack Palance.

Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:52 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I never did get around to watch the Jack Palance Christmas movie last year, I will try to do so this year instead. I'm sure I'll enjoy it somewhat with Jack Palance in it.