Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:40 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Great movie & publicity stills
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 pm 
Prince Judah

Detective Thorn wrote:
Private War of Major Benson, Gideon, Alaska and The Awakening. Are those I mentioned correct?

The small top one is from The Private War of Major Benson, as far as I know (strange still), and you got Alaska and The Awakening correct - those are there. But, I don't recall placing one from Gideon there. The funny thing is, I did have one from Gideon in mind but changed my mind at the last hour and didn't include it. :-?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 am 
Prince Judah

THE TIME HAS ARRIVED - FOR THE FINAL TIME - TO PRESENT A TRIBUTE TO HESTON IN HONOR OF HIS PASSING, A FULL DECADE AND MORE OF IMAGES FROM HIS FILMS DURING THAT DECADE... THIS IS THE FINAL DECADE AND A BIT MORE, INTO HIS FINAL YEARS... Have We Saved The Best For Last..? It May Very Well Be... :sherlock:

:arrow: CHUCK HESTON in The NINETIES and Beyond... :ljsilver:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image
    ImageImage
___________ Image
Image Image Image
ImageImageImage
"In the beginning an actor impresses us with his looks, later his voice enchants us. Over the years, his performances enthrall us.
But in the end, it is simply what he is.
"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:54 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Wonderful montage! Love seeing pics from his later career as they are more rare.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:25 am 
El Cid

Chrysagon wrote:
For this batch of movie stills, I will try something different: a group of stills from some of Chuck's more obscure films and scenes that are not readily identifiable. I think that even Heston experts may be hard pressed to figure out from which films all these rather unusual stills are from. Are these all legit? As Heston might say...
_______ Image THIS IS NO APRIL FOOLS JOKE, DAMN YOU ALL...!

Image Image

ImageImage

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image

Image FIGURED THEM ALL OUT? OR IS THE JOKE ON YOU?! ;)

I will take a shot at naming all those Chuck Heston movies-
THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON
SECRET OF THE INCAS
THE LITTLE KIDNAPPERS
ALASKA
ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA
CALL OF THE WILD
DIAMOND HEAD
HAMLET
THE HAWAIIANS
CRASH LANDING: THE RESCUE OF FLIGHT 232
THE AWAKENING
EL CID
NUMBER ONE

Last edited by James Byrne on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:40 am 
El Cid

Chrysagon wrote:
THE TIME HAS ARRIVED - FOR THE FINAL TIME - TO PRESENT A TRIBUTE TO HESTON IN HONOR OF HIS PASSING, A FULL DECADE AND MORE OF IMAGES FROM HIS FILMS DURING THAT DECADE... THIS IS THE FINAL DECADE AND A BIT MORE, INTO HIS FINAL YEARS... Have We Saved The Best For Last..? It May Very Well Be... :sherlock:

:arrow: CHUCK HESTON in The NINETIES and Beyond... :ljsilver:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image
    ImageImage
___________ Image
Image Image Image
ImageImageImage
"In the beginning an actor impresses us with his looks, later his voice enchants us. Over the years, his performances enthrall us.
But in the end, it is simply what he is.
"

I might as well take a bash at this excellent Chuck Heston montage as well-
TREASURE ISLAND
THE LITTLE KIDNAPPERS
SOLAR CRISIS
CRUCIFER OF BLOOD
ALMOST AN ANGEL
WAYNE'S WORLD 2
TOMBSTONE
TRUE LIES
IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS
AVENGING ANGEL
ALASKA
HAMLET
FRIENDS
GIDEON
ANY GIVEN SUNDAY
TOWN AND COUNTRY
HERCULES
THE ORDER
MY FATHER: RUA ALGEUM 5555

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:35 pm 
Prince Judah

James Byrne wrote:
I will take a shot at naming all those Chuck Heston movies-
THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON
SECRET OF THE INCAS
THE LITTLE KIDNAPPERS
ALASKA
ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA
CALL OF THE WILD
DIAMOND HEAD
HAMLET
THE HAWAIIANS
THE AWAKENING
EL CID
NUMBER ONE

Good Show, James - but I suppose I should have expected you to be the member who identifies all these pictures. One caveat - some of these might have been easy to guess for any member who gazed at the photo labels in the codes (revealed when quoting the post & photos, for example). I didn't think to erase those labels; but, it seems no one else took a stab at it anyway. Only one misread - your guess of DIAMOND HEAD may not be on the mark because it's kind of a trick picture - I think it's actually a behind-the-scenes picture of Heston during 55 DAYS AT PEKING - but even I'm not 100% sure; maybe we need Detective Thorn to research and investigate :D .

One other note - I noticed you did have to edit your guesses once; the other tricky photo is the one for CRASH LANDING - on first glance, it looks like a scene from SKYJACKED, the natural choice which I think you first guessed as it being, but it is of course from Heston's much later TV role in CRASH LANDING. ;) Finally, I can't remember where I got that still from EL CID - I'm not even sure it's Heston and I can't recall from what scene in the film this one is. Unless you know, this may remain a mystery of sorts... :-?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 am 
El Cid

That is definetely a publicity still from DIAMOND HEAD, Chrysagon, I remember when it was released that was one of the stills used most often. I edited my post because I had to add the rest of the CRASH LANDING title, you know, THE RESCUE OF FLIGHT 232 bit, which I can never seem to remember correctly. I only guessed about the EL CID pic, it looks like a scene from the movie but it doesn't look like Heston. I thought you had maybe slipped that one in as an April Fool joke. The screencap from SECRET OF THE INCAS is the scene when Elena is going to her hotel room and Harry Steele is ringing Anton Marcu. That scene was filmed on 20 November 1953.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:40 pm 
Prince Judah

James Byrne wrote:
That is definetely a publicity still from DIAMOND HEAD, Chrysagon, I remember when it was released that was one of the stills used most often.

I'll have to accede to your firm conviction and knowledge about that photo, James, which means that the site from which that pic was taken had it labeled incorrectly (as happens, I lost track of where that site is). Perhaps the error is due to the similarity between Heston's attire in that still and what he wore in 55 DAYS AT PEKING:
ImageImage

:arrow: Maybe the key to all this is that hat that Heston wears in the left-hand still; maybe that's the same hat he wore in DIAMOND HEAD? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:07 pm 
El Cid

tizzyd wrote:
Hi, can anybody tell me from which movie this publicity still is taken?

This is a publicity still of Heston as Buffalo Bill in PONY EXPRESS taken by Bud Fraker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12