Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Charlton Heston hosting Saturday Night Live
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:41 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Charlton Heston hosted Saturday Night Live no less than twice in his career. This may come as a surprise to some, since he didn't do a lot of comedy work in his long career. Here are the episode and season numbers, as well as original air dates for the two episodes Chuck hosted:

On March 23rd 1987, he appeared in the 15th episode of the 12th season of Saturday Night live. Here's a picture from that particular episode:

On December 4th 1993, he appeared in the 8th episode of the 19th season of Saturday Night Live. Here's a picture from that particular episode:

You can find some clips of his second appearance in pretty poor condition at Hunter's Planet of the Apes Archive site: http://pota.goatley.com/prophecy/snl.htm

Post subject: Re: Charlton Heston hosting Saturday Night Live
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:04 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Did anyone see these two episodes when they originally aired? If so, what did you think of them? From the clips that I've seen, Chuck is surprisingly hilarious. He truly made me laugh out loud, such a shame he didn't get a lot of humorous roles in his career when he obviously had the knack for it.

I'd love to be able to watch these two episodes. I hear that re-runs are heavily edited by 20 minutes or so, which means that the original airings would be the only ones in complete length. The season DVD's will reach us at one point, I reckon, but they've only released the first five seasons at the moment and the show hasn't gotten another release since 2009.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:20 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

No one here who has seen one (or both) of these appearances of Chuck's?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:25 pm 
Prince Judah

One elderly relative of mine watched the 1993 episode, he lived in USA at that time. He once mentioned it casually to me, saying that Chuck was wonderfully comic... and I simply laughed, but did not press him to tell more... now there's no way to hear it from him again. I am sorry, really sorry.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:24 pm 
Prince Judah

Now I need to correct my former post. Thanks to Thorn, I have watched the first Saturday Night -episode, and enjoyed it thoroughly. God, this man's comic talent to make others laugh, without himself being carried away by hilarity, was so remarkable! The way he conducted the entire thing was jovial yet graceful, intimate, frank, simple yet respectable. And I am really impressed to his look and appearance... he was almost seventy at that time. He looked not more than sixty, and was so energetic and erect, even then.

Thank you, Thorn-- again.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 am 
No Water For Me

After watching charlton heston s interaction on Dame Edna show i thought he had a wonderful sense of humour . Especially laughing at himself ..I found the interview hilarious ,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am 
Cheating Bastard

I remember Heston being part of the 15th anniversary show back in 1990. He came on at the beginning of the program to object to the show. He read a letter from an irate viewer to NBC about the crude humor of the show. Of course at the end of the letter it is signed "Charlton Heston". He delivered this address in a deadpan manner. It was truly hilarious. He would have been terrific in an "Airplane" type role.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 pm 
Prince Judah

You can see Charlton Heston's intro for a Saturday Night Live episode here - http://www.hulu.com/watch/274911

This is from season 12, episode #15, which would make it from 1987.