Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Heston on Planet of the Apes (video)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:13 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

A nice clip of Heston talking about Planet of the Apes. It appears he's a guest of Greg Kinnear's talk show. Looks to be from sometime in the 90's.

Love the "Look at the hole in the shoe there!" line at the end :lol:

Post subject: Re: Heston on Planet of the Apes (video)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:23 pm 
Prince Judah

I just watched this one again. That clip is probably from a 1994 show, Greg Kinnear's talk show.
I think Chuck makes a mistake here, talking about the initial tests with the make-up for PLANET OF THE APES, saying it was done with actor Maurice Evans; the early test was with Edward G. Robinson; Maurice Evans played the part later in the actual film.

He was very good-humored with Greg Kinnear, who was something of an annoying clown as an interviewer. I noticed that Chuck had a lot of patience in his interviews in the nineties with guys like this; I also remember him in an interview with Dennis Miller from that decade. Miller was more of a liberal back then and got a bit irritating with Chuck during the interview (their talk was more political). But Chuck just let Miller's attitude slide off him and didn't get upset - at least not visibly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:26 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Chrysagon wrote:
I just watched this one again. That clip is probably from a 1994 show, Greg Kinnear's talk show.
I think Chuck makes a mistake here, talking about the initial tests with the make-up for PLANET OF THE APES, saying it was done with actor Maurice Evans; the early test was with Edward G. Robinson; Maurice Evans played the part later in the actual film.

He was very good-humored with Greg Kinnear, who was something of an annoying clown as an interviewer. I noticed that Chuck had a lot of patience in his interviews in the nineties with guys like this; I also remember him in an interview with Dennis Miller from that decade. Miller was more of a liberal back then and got a bit irritating with Chuck during the interview (their talk was more political). But Chuck just let Miller's attitude slide off him and didn't get upset - at least not visibly.

I'd love to see that Miller interview, sounds very interesting. I've never seen it on Youtube, but I hope it will turn up there some day.

You are definitely right about Chuck being a good sport in interviews, he always was, no matter what the circumstances were. Some interviewers tried to make fun of him to get a reaction but he never took the bait and remained a gentleman :applause:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:44 am 
Prince Judah

Here's another clip of Chuck Heston on PLANET OF THE APES - sort of :lol: :ddape:
It's from the MTV Movie Awards... when? Not sure.. possibly soon after JURASSIC PARK, so mid-nineties?

____________________ :ddape:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:15 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

:o :shock: Wow, what a great find! I laughed my *** off to that. Never even heard of that appearance before :thumbsup:

:cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:51 pm 
Prince Judah

[quote="Detective Thorn"]:o :shock: Wow, what a great find! I laughed my *** off to that. Never even heard of that appearance before :thumbsup:

I'm sure now that this is from the 1994 MTV Movie Awards, which were hosted by Will Smith (he appears at the end of the above clip). I'd have to check again, but I'm pretty sure that Chuck is not credited for this at IMDb, which is unusual (IMDb credits by now are usually very complete). I may have to try and add him in somehow. :ddape:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:23 pm 
Prince Judah

My God, are you too becoming a detective, Knight? To find out such things...! I need to show it to someone-- she always teases me with ape-oriented nice words.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 am 
Cheating Bastard

[quote="Detective Thorn"]:o :shock: Wow, what a great find! I laughed my *** off to that. Never even heard of that appearance before :thumbsup:

"Either of you guys seen Cornelius" Now THAT is funny!