Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Memorable and favorite quotes from Planet of the Apes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Share some memorable and your personal favorite quotes from Planet of the Apes in this thread.

Post subject: Re: Memorable and favorite quotes from Planet of the Apes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:56 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Probably the most quotable of all the Heston movies. I can quote this movie all day, and sometimes do. Here are some personal favorites:

"It's a mad house! A mad house!"

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

"And that completes my final report until we reach touchdown. We're now on full automatic, in the hands of the computers. I have tucked my crew in for the long sleep and I'll be joining them soon. In less than an hour, we'll finish our sixth month out of Cape Kennedy. Six months in deep space - by our time, that is. According to Dr. Haslein's theory of time, in a vehicle travelling nearly the speed of light, the Earth has aged nearly 700 years since we left it, while we've aged hardly at all. Maybe so. This much is probably true - the men who sent us on this journey are long since dead and gone. You who are reading me now are a different breed - I hope a better one. I leave the 20th century with no regrets. But one more thing - if anybody's listening, that is. Nothing scientific. It's purely personal. But seen from out here everything seems different. Time bends. Space is boundless. It squashes a man's ego. I feel lonely. That's about it. Tell me, though. Does man, that marvel of the universe, that glorious paradox who sent me to the stars, still make war against his brother? Keep his neighbor's children starving?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 pm 
Cheating Bastard

HEY LANDON, JOIN THE EXPEDITION....................................

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:01 pm 
Cheating Bastard

HOW DOES IT FEEL, TIGER...........

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:21 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

[quote="CHILIMAN"]HOW DOES IT FEEL, TIGER...........

:lol: I LOVE the way Taylor keeps taunting Landon when they first land on the planet. He's such a ****** to him I can't help but laughing.

Great quotes!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:51 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

"Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death."

Not a Heston quote, but Roddy McDowall (Cornelius)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 pm 
Call Me Harry

"You did that to him damn you! You cut out his memory, you took his identity and that's what you want to do to me!"

The horror of Taylor's reaction to Landon's fate is... strangely rewarding in the context of his growth of his character.

And of course, you have the end: "You maniacs! You blew it up! Aw damn you! God... damn you all to Hell!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:29 am 
Cheating Bastard

Not really a quote, but it always cracks me up the way Taylor laughs when he see's Landon planting the American flag. My friend and I have mimicked that one on many occasions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

climb-baby-climb wrote:
Not really a quote, but it always cracks me up the way Taylor laughs when he see's Landon planting the American flag. My friend and I have mimicked that one on many occasions.

Oh yes, one of my favorite scenes. Such a great evil & mocking laugh. He does a similar one on The Omega Man when the kid tells him he's just as bad as "the family".