Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: All Comic Book Collectibles based on Heston Films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 pm 
Prince Judah

MAD Magazine #333 (Jan./Feb. 1995) featured a 6-page parody of True Lies titled "UNTrue Spies" -
Heston's character (since it was a small role) appeared in one panel:
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 pm 
Prince Judah

Finally , there was an adaptation of the remake of PLANET OF THE APES (2001):
__ Image

This was from Dark Horse Comics; art by Davide Fabbri.
However, Heston's scene wasn't even in this, indicating that it wasn't in the early script;
also, this isn't much of a collectible as it's only about a decade old; worth $10 in NM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:44 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I can't thank you enough for this contribution to the forum and this particular section, Chrysagon. It must have taken quite some time to gather the pictures, info and price estimates, so I really appreciate it. I collect comic books connected to favorite movies and TV-shows, so trying to get these are a given for me. Now I have a nice guide to follow thanks to you. :applause:

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:13 am 
Prince Judah

That's great, Thorn - I know you hinted in the past that you were planning to buy a comic book here-and-there but I wasn't sure that you were an avid collector of 'movie comics' shall we say, so I'm glad this thread will help you out.

This was one of those things that after I started on it, I learned that there was a whole lot more involved than I figured at the start. But, I was halfway through and didn't want to quit on it unfinished so I persevered on, ending up with this massive thread. That's how it goes sometimes, but I think it ended up quite well. Like I mentioned at the start, I will probably post individual entries on some of the books here on the various appropriate forum locations, perhaps expanding on each book. Also, there is always a chance I missed something - I thought there would be a parody of The Omega Man somewhere but was unable to find it; and I didn't want to wait any longer on this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:45 am 
Prince Judah

What horses are you driving, man? Are they Ilderim's or directly borrowed from the angels of the Book of Apocalypse? Driving at a pace to post 27 things at a row! My Tunic's off to you!Great job, indeed.

As for THE OMEGA MAN parody, I have found something, but I am not sure what they contain-- may be they simply parody the name/title.
Here goes the description--

The skull-cracking conclusion! The Omega Men's leap of faith stretches across the cosmos when belief, power, freedom and fate collide in a berserk interstellar crucible that brings forth the terrible Lady Styx!

Written by: Andersen Gabrych
Artwork by: Henry Flint
Lettered by: DC Lettering
Full credit list
Color/B&W: Color
Page Count:32
U.S. Price: 2.99
On Sale Date:Mar 21 2007

And some related issues of THE OMEGA MEN(Yeah, it is plural!)
ImageImage

View the details from http://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-omeg ... mega-men-3

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:41 am 
Prince Judah

The Omega Men was a DC Comic Book that was first published in the eighties; it involved a group or team of super-beings who were like super-hero aliens. As you noted, it's plural - "Men" not "Man." It took place mostly off-Earth on other planets or outer space. More recently, DC Comics also featured an Omega Man character which I'm not too familiar with; it also involves some outer space / alien super-being concept. Both these concepts are so far removed from The Omega Man film that I didn't bother including them.

When I mentioned a parody of The Omega Man, I was speaking more about some parody version in a magazine such as MAD or CRAZY, possibly in the seventies. Whether such a comics version exists I don't really know. It may not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:45 am 
Prince Judah

Thanks for the clarification.

This is an Indian comics version of BEN-HUR, based on the original book, but some scenes are drawn in resemblance with the movie. The price is Rs. 300(Indian currency)

The link- http://www.ebay.in/itm/Rare-Classics-Il ... 0724083610

I know this Man!

Last edited by itsjudah24 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 am 
Prince Judah

Classic Illustrated special issue of THE Ten Commandments--

Book Description
Publication Date: September 30, 2004
A new printing of a timeless classic!
Product Details

Hardcover: 96 pages
Publisher: Jack Lake Prod Inc; Special edition (September 30, 2004)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1894998960
ISBN-13: 978-1894998963
Product Dimensions: 9.6 x 6.5 x 0.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds

I know this Man!