Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Studio One - Jane Eyre
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 am 
Prince Judah

Original Air Date: December 12, 1949 / Directed by Franklin J. Schaffner

Starring Charlton Heston as Edward Rochester, Mary Sinclair as Jane Eyre

This is another of the Studio One TV presentations which began in 1948, at the beginning of the TV era. This will be one of Heston's earliest performances to be found in this forum, before DARK CITY and before the Wuthering Heights episode of Studio One. Member Tizzy asked me about this episode on the Wuthering Heights thread; I had nothing on it back then. But, lo and behold, someone placed this on YouTube a couple of months ago....

Did you note the name of the director? - it's the same one that Heston teamed up with later for THE WAR LORD and PLANET OF THE APES!

It was this performance by Heston as Rochester that caught the attention of producer Hal B. Wallis, who placed Heston under contract; soon after, Heston starred in Wallis's production of DARK CITY.

________

Post subject: Re: Studio One - Jane Eyre
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:37 am 
Astronaut

I have no words to thank thee, Chrysagon! Rochester is one of my favourite characters in literature, I was so eager to see Heston in that role! Have you been adventuring in search of all these rare videos, during your brief absence? Looks like the entire forums are your triumph-ground. Well done.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 pm 
No Water For Me

I haven't fully looked over this entire board yet, so I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... But have any of you guys heard of archive.org? From what I understand it's a perfectly legal place to download older stuff like this that you can't buy anywhere. They have Studio One versions of Jane Eyre and Of Human Bondage with Heston.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:29 am 
Prince Judah

I'm pretty sure I was checking out that site - archive.org - up until about a year ago; I'm not sure why I stopped; probably forgot about it. I used to check out the old sci-fi movies that they have there - usually low budget, small films that were in the public domain, like The GIANT Gila Monster from the late fifties. But, I never expanded my interest to old TV episodes over there. I tried searching for old Heston episodes after I saw your post, but was unsuccessful in finding any - maybe I did something wrong. I'll try again later.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:52 am 
No Water For Me

Here's the direct link to Jane Eyre and Of Human Bondage:

http://www.archive.org/details/StudioOn ... ondage1949

http://www.archive.org/details/StudioOneJaneEyre

I put Charlton Heston's name in the all media search and those came up. For some strange reason when I do a television search nothing comes up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:09 pm 
Prince Judah

Thanks, Emmm (interesting name, btw).

The link works fine; I must have used a wrong search mode in my attempt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 pm 
Astronaut

At least another member is interested in 'Jane Eyre'. Thanks and welcome to Emmm.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!