Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Original Sin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Directed by: Ron Satlof
Production year: 1989
Starring: Ann Jillian, Robert Desiderio, Charlton Heston

Plot:

When his son is kidnapped a man has to face his past demons in speaking to a Mafia don about it.

Post subject: Re: Original Sin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

This movie started out pretty slow. I was getting worried as time wore on that Heston would have a very limited role in this, as it took a while for him to appear and because his name was last in the credits. Thankfully, once he appeared he was in it for the rest of the ride, participating in most scenes.

Chuck plays a mob boss, I was a little disappointed that he didn't have an Italian accent, but I managed to enjoy the performance anyway. I think this is the first and last time he played such a role. Since it wasn't really a gangster movie, we didn't get to see him operate much as a 'Don', so it's hard to judge his performance as a mob boss. It's a mix of a drama and thriller.

The end result was pretty average, I must say. Being a TV-movie, it felt pretty restricted in several departments. The music imposed itself too much at times. Though the music itself is not all that bad, Lalo Schifrin is the composer, after all, but it felt very typical TV-quality. It doesn't offer anything new, but there's an OK action sequence which is pretty exciting and some twists and turns that may not be original, but handled pretty well in this movie.

Not sure how many here has seen this movie, so I'll write the following as a spoiler:

Spoiler:
The last scene was really good, a truly heartbreaking scene. I don't know if we're supposed to feel sorry for the Don who is now left all alone with no family after what he did, but Heston nailed that scene so good it's hard not to. It is what I remember most about the movie, what stuck with me from my first viewing a couple of days ago. "There's no one else!!" :cry:

Worth a watch, definitely, but not one I'll be watching that often, I'm afraid. Other than the scene I mentioned above, the most memorable thing in the movie is the way Chuck's hair looks in this. It's very 80's, for lack of a better word.