Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Charlton Heston releases on DVD & Blu-ray
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:30 pm 
Michelangelo

Detective Thorn wrote:
Touch of Evil is coming to Blu-ray in the US, supposedly with 4K transfer on April 15th.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Touch-of- ... ray/70420/

Same exact cover as on the 50th anniversary DVD that came out in 2008, looks to have the same special features as well.

'Touch of Evil: Limited Edition' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... -ray/13721

Quote:
The Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Combo Pack will include three versions of the film (Theatrical, Preview, and Reconstructed) and will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 soundtrack, and supplements include: Preview Version Commentary with Welles Historians Jonathan Rosenbaum and James Naremore; Theatrical Version Commentary with Writer/Filmmaker F.X. Feeney; Reconstructed Version Commentary with Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh and Reconstruction Producer Rick Schmidlin; Reconstructed Version Commentary with Reconstruction Producer Rick Schmidlin; Bringing Evil to Life; Evil Lost and Found; and Theatrical Trailer.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:35 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Ed Bannon just informed us that The War Lord is coming to Blu-ray courtesy of Eureka as part of their Eureka Classics collection. Expect some nice special features to go along with it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 pm 
Michelangelo

Detective Thorn wrote:
Ed Bannon just informed us that The War Lord is coming to Blu-ray courtesy of Eureka as part of their Eureka Classics collection. Expect some nice special features to go along with it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Lord-Blu-ra ... ton+heston
Quote:
Product details

Actors: Charlton Heston
Directors: Franklin SCHAFFNER
Number of discs: 1
Classification: PG
Studio: Eureka
DVD Release Date: 14 April 2014
Run Time: 116 minutes

SPECIAL FEATURES- (from
• Gorgeous 1080p transfer the film in its original aspect ratio
• Optional English SDH
• Isolated music & effects track
• Original theatrical trailer
• More on disc extras to be announced close to release
• BOOKLET with a new essay, and rare archival imagery

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:54 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Detective Thorn wrote:

A splendid review has now been posted on Blu-ray.com: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Agony ... 47/#Review

Picture quality: 4.5/5
Sound: 4/5

Sounds like a great upgrade!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:15 pm 
Marabunta

Anyone know if they have released the "President's Lady" I have asked before but wondered if perhaps it has been released??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:38 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I'm afraid they haven't yet, Rita :(

Post subject: 55 Days at Peking on Blu-ray
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:17 am 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

55 Days at Peking is slated for a Blu-ray release from Anchor Bay in the UK in April. There is already a French Blu-ray release that apparently looks spectacular. Some screenshots may be seen at DVD BEAVER.

Post subject: Re: 55 Days at Peking on Blu-ray
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:00 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Ed Bannon wrote:
55 Days at Peking is slated for a Blu-ray release from Anchor Bay in the UK in April. There is already a French Blu-ray release that apparently looks spectacular. Some screenshots may be seen at DVD BEAVER.

Thanks for bringing up the UK release, I thought I already had in this thread but it must've escaped my mind. Also read great things about the French one, but I'll wait for the UK release, it will hopefully have the same transfer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:25 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Looks like The War Lord fans are in for a treat!

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_revi ... r_lord.htm

This is turning into a terrific year for Heston fans!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:30 am 
Prince Judah

Interesting - I checked out that write-up at DVD Beaver; they write about the U.S. Region 1 release of The War Lord from over a dozen years ago:
Quote:
...there was a region 1 release of this film from 'Good Times Entertainment' HERE but it has gone out-of-print fetching big bucks via 3rd party sellers and auctions (we've heard it was an ineffectual transfer ported from the old laserdisc).

I wonder now if this is why I didn't bother getting it those years ago - because I'd heard that the quality wasn't good and just a copy of the laserdisc, which I already had. I can't remember (going back that far, those years ago), but maybe that's what happened in my case. Now, you go to Amazon.com and that DVD edition is selling for $120 new and $50 used... and it's of supposedly poor quality. Go figure. :-?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next