Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Mother Lode
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:46 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Mark wrote:
Mother Lode is scheduled to broadcast in the UK on Monday afternoon ( December 14th) at 3.15pm.
Only note of caution is that the EPG is not always reliable with that channel - it's usually right though so fingers crossed! Haven't seen the film before so I'm looking forward to it.

Good to see you here again, Mark. I hope you get to see it, it's a good one!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:11 pm 
Cheating Bastard

Detective Thorn wrote:
Mark wrote:
Mother Lode is scheduled to broadcast in the UK on Monday afternoon ( December 14th) at 3.15pm.
Only note of caution is that the EPG is not always reliable with that channel - it's usually right though so fingers crossed! Haven't seen the film before so I'm looking forward to it.

Good to see you here again, Mark. I hope you get to see it, it's a good one!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:36 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

We'll be watching this on my annual Hest-Fest tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:10 pm 
Cheating Bastard

Watched Mother Lode and really enjoyed it. A fine film and it's a shame it isn't better known.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:07 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Mark wrote:
Watched Mother Lode and really enjoyed it. A fine film and it's a shame it isn't better known.

Agreed, Heston really performs the hell out of the character Fraser wrote for him. He made a great villain.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:14 pm 
El Cid

I was flicking through the channels last night and discovered that MOTHER LODE was on the Movies4Men channel and decided to watch it even though I own the dvd. Its a really gripping adventure saga, and Heston is great as the barking-mad Scottish hermit-miner.

I cannot for the life of me think why it received such a poor press on its release; the scenery is terrific, the acting is up to standard and there is genuine tension. Not to mention that accidental plane crash by the stunt pilots that they kept in the film.

Even though there was four or five lenghty adverts during the movie I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bravo to Chuck and Fraser for a little cracker (well it was shown during Christmas!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:43 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

There's a channel in the UK called Movies4Men? That's awesome! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 pm 
Call Me Harry

Just watched this by way of Netflix. Interesting film. In some ways it feels like a slasher movie, minus the randy young people, and instead of a silent stalker in a mask like Jason Voorhees we get Chuck, who seemed to enjoy playing the crazy, wily old miner. I had no idea Kim Basinger was in this when I rented it; she did alright with what was given to her.

Great scenery as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:49 am 
El Cid

I think MOTHER LODE is one of Heston's most underrated movies.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:08 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

EL-CID-1983 wrote:
Just watched this by way of Netflix. Interesting film. In some ways it feels like a slasher movie, minus the randy young people, and instead of a silent stalker in a mask like Jason Voorhees we get Chuck, who seemed to enjoy playing the crazy, wily old miner. I had no idea Kim Basinger was in this when I rented it; she did alright with what was given to her.

Great scenery as well.

I believe it was her first movie as well.