Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Byrne's meetings with Charlton Heston (incl. pictu
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:20 pm 
El Cid

Here is another photo of Charlton Heston leaving the Theatre Royal, Lincoln, England, in 1997. http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/pictu ... res.html#9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:22 pm 
Prince Judah

Grand! How graceful he looks! Were you present during this event?

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:00 pm 
El Cid

No, Judah, Chuck and Lydia Heston are pictured outside the Theatre Royal on Clasketgate, Lincoln, and are just about to get into the mayor's limosine to visit our Cathedral. By a million to one chance, my sister and I were on Bailgate at that moment chatting to one of her acquaintences and I was begging her to hurry up because I knew Chuck was at the theatre and we were supposed to be making our way down Steep Hill to see him. Just as we were walking past the Magna Carta pub I saw the mayor's limo pull up outside of the Cathedral in Minister Yard and I said to her "Quick Trish, I bet that's Heston. Get your camera out!"
A few seconds later the Heston's alighted from the limo and my sister took this photo

Chuck recognized me from the night before when I bought loads of books off him which he signed. Afterwards, I remarked to Tricia about how amazing it was to be in that particular spot at that precise second just as Chuck drove up. "It was meant to be" she said, "The number one Chuck fan from Lincoln just had to be in that place in Lincoln at that particular moment ... it was meant to be, James!"

Tricia was a bit angry that she didn't get her photo taken with Heston, but I'll always be in her debt for taking those photos of me with the world's greatest actor!

Last edited by James Byrne on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:57 pm 
Astronaut

Nice annecdote... thanks a lot for sharing this, Mr. Byrne. I like your sister's remark -- "The number one Chuck fan from Lincoln just had to be in that place in Lincoln at that particular moment ... it was meant to be, James!" Perhaps it was pre-destined ! It had to be like this, and your presence was a must at that very time, in that very place.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:33 am 
El Cid

Unfortunately there was one moment during the evening that left a sour taste in my mouth. Crowds were jostling around Heston to get his autograph as he tried to make his way to the hotel, and because we all started singing "There's only one Charlton Heston ... there's only one Charlton Heston ..." in a football style chant he sat down on the freezing cold step and obliged everyone. Bearing in mind he had just signed his autograph thousands of times in the theatre's foyer after his performance I thought this was extremely kind of him, considering his age. A scruffy-looking person asked me to take a photo of him near Heston as he was sat on the steps signing and was delighted when I obliged.

"Thanks mate - I've got my picture taken with Heston and I've got his autograph - lets hope he dies soon and it'll be worth something!"

I am afraid to say that I cannot put down in print my reply to this scummy individual, but he scarpered out of the way in a terrible hurry after I'd finished with him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:42 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

James Byrne wrote:
"Thanks mate - I've got my picture taken with Heston and I've got his autograph - lets hope he dies soon and it'll be worth something!"

I am afraid to say that I cannot put down in print my reply to this scummy individual, but he scarpered out of the way in a terrible hurry after I'd finished with him.

Feel very free to PM me what you told that unbelievably heartless wanker!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:10 am 
El Cid

I just sent you a private message, Thorn.

I apologize for the salty language!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:54 am 
El Cid

I have just found out that Charlton Heston appeared opposite three different actresses: Jean Simmons, Alexis Smith and Stephanie Beecham on the American stage in LOVE LETTERS, as well as his wife Lydia in England.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:13 pm 
El Cid

James Byrne wrote:

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

30 years ago I wished Chuck Heston Happy Anniversary when I met him in London where he was appearing in THE CAINE MUTINY COURT MARTIAL.

30 years ... where do the years go?
Come to think of it, where did all my hair go?

I hope Lydia Heston is in good health and enjoys the day, her 71st wedding anniversary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:21 pm 
Prince Judah

Can't we arrange for sending messages and greetings etc. to her, on special days, from the forum? Of course, that's a matter for Thorn to manage...I don't have any idea as to how this can be done.

I know this Man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next