Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Introducing... Charles, my son
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:47 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I have a bit of news I'd like to share with the rest of the forum - me and my wife are expecting our first child together! It's a boy and we're naming him Charles.

He's expected to arrive on December 22nd, just in time for Christmas. We couldn't imagine a better Christmas present :shakepresent:

Post subject: Re: Introducing... Charles, my son
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:36 am 
El Cid

Congratulations to you and your wife, Thorn. Charles could be the world's youngest Charlton Heston fan in about five years time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:07 pm 
Michelangelo

Congratulations!

:cheers: :santa;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:49 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:05 pm 
Prince Judah

:?:
The question I have...

is he named after General Charles Gordon or............. Major Amos Charles Dundee? :D
___ ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I've always wanted children, even as a kid when most of my friends were afraid of girl cooties, I always knew I wanted children, in fact, a bunch of them! My wife is great with kids, I tell you, she's a born mother. I'm so glad for her, I just know she'll flourish with this new chapter in our lives.

Chrysagon, he's actually named after a certain John Charles Carter :D Reason being, of course, the great admiration and respect I have for Chuck.

I know Charlton or Heston would have been a more logical and obvious choice, but Charlton doesn't roll off the tongue very smoothly in Swedish (besides, not even Chuck liked his first name very much, remember his responce to the lady who told him she named her son after him?). As for Heston, in Swedish, horse is pronounced "hest", so in Swedish his name would have been Horse-on and I just know he would be teased in school with that name. My wife and I like the name Charles, though, so we went for that instead.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:14 am 
Prince Judah

Detective Thorn wrote:
Chrysagon, he's actually named after a certain John Charles Carter :D Reason being, of course, the great admiration and respect I have for Chuck. I know Charlton or Heston would have been a more logical and obvious choice, but Charlton doesn't roll off the tongue very smoothly in Swedish (besides, not even Chuck liked his first name very much, remember his responce to the lady who told him she named her son after him?). As for Heston, in Swedish, horse is pronounced "hest", so in Swedish his name would have been Horse-on and I just know he would be teased in school with that name. My wife and I like the name Charles, though, so we went for that instead.

I suspected as much :thumbsup: I think Heston's wife Lydia called him "Charlie" - though she may have been the only one. Maybe other acquaintances called him Charles (besides the more common "Chuck"). "Charlton" looks great in the movie credits for some reason but, as you say, it doesn't sound all that great when addressing someone vocally. Of course, if you are still thinking about it, you can always call him "Chrysagon" - there's still time...! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:37 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I know he preferred Chuck from his friends, maybe others called him Charles from time to time, if they were aware of his original name? We'll probably call our son Charlie, which is much more common in Sweden and I'm fine with that. There's another nickname of people named Charles in Sweden, "Challe", which I don't like at all.

Sorry, but Chrysagon is quite out of the question :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:50 pm 
Astronaut

Wow, great great news! Many congrats to you and Mrs. Thorn. Let's call him Charlie, I also suggest. Chuck will do as well. :wave: :cheers:

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:38 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Thank you, tizzyd!