Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Interviews with Chuck
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:23 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

That was a good interview. I had never heard of this debate with Hitchens, he sounds like a Grade-A *******, to be honest. Why would Heston need to know the neighbouring countries to be for a war that doesn't take place in any of those countries? That's ridiculous. Nevertheless, I'd like to see that interview. I have a hard time grasping the notion that he was humiliated in a debate, at least in a factual manner. I can see him being embarrassed when that wanker told him to keep his hairpiece on. What a classless jerk. After some googling, what made him say that was after Heston thought it was unnecessary to, regarding the neighbouring countries: "taking up valuable network time giving a high-school geography lesson."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:55 am 
Marabunta

This little documentary compilation of interviews was one of a series broadcast not long ago by the BBC. I found it totally by chance. The narrator is Sylvia Simms:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13rac ... eston_news

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:45 pm 
Astronaut

Nice docu... and it is a good site for sharing videos, like youtube. I never knew of this before, and should try a hand in it.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:12 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

thegoldenage3060 wrote:
This little documentary compilation of interviews was one of a series broadcast not long ago by the BBC. I found it totally by chance. The narrator is Sylvia Simms:

Thanks, I really enjoyed that!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:31 am 
Marabunta

Detective Thorn wrote:
thegoldenage3060 wrote:

Thanks, I really enjoyed that!

I'm happy that you like

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 pm 
Prince Judah

There was a really unusual interview with Chuck Heston on a show called Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Space Ghost was a famous cartoon hero from the sixties; in the nineties - starting in 1994 - someone got the bright idea to place him as the host of an amusing talk show - with real guests on monitors. Chuck, the 1st Oscar-winner on the show, got around to it in the 4th season, on the 12/05/97 aired episode (#54), titled "Dam." Really? Really!

_________ Image

I haven't seen this, unfortunately, but from what I read, it went something like this:

Space Ghost: So your name is Heston? Chuck Heston? Cheston! May I call you “Cheston?”

Charlton Heston: NO! -------- http://billcainonline.com/?paged=14

Also, I found a 23-second clip of this on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfaxpHYqW8

These interviews were done kind of tongue-in-cheek and maybe weren't very respectful,
but I also read that by that time (1997), guests like Heston were 'in on the joke' and just went along for the ride.
However, I also get the impression that Heston was actually interviewed by someone else and the footage was
simply placed into the Space Ghost show; the so-called 'interview' is marked by non-sequiturs which suggest
that Space Ghost isn't really interviewing the guest. I'm not that familiar with the show, so I'm not sure... :-?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:00 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I've seen the whole clip, I think it was posted here on the forum some years ago. It was pretty awkward. Chuck was classy as always and got some rude remarks/questions and got interrupted when he tried telling a story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:06 am 
Cheating Bastard

I'm not sure how to embed this since it isn't a youtube link, but here's the Space Ghost video on Dailymotion in its entirety. The Heston "interview" starts at 2:55.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=space+ghost+coast+to+coast+charlton+heston&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=EB2BEF6A7DA2A118D606EB2BEF6A7DA2A118D606

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:14 am 
Prince Judah

Thanks for that - :lol: I just watched the full interview at Daily Motion and it was actually pretty funny. As I mentioned above, Chuck was indeed in on the joke and he really was speaking to Space Ghost (I thought his footage might have been taken from some other interview, but no, he really was talking to the cartoon character). He understood that the whole thing was ludicrous and even pointless and probably did it just for kicks - his rare chance to do some kind of comedy. That one point when he tried to explain about the ape actors in Planet of the Apes and was interrupted by the strange noises from the cartoon characters was a little awkward & annoying, but I think he sort of expected it; I think he knew ahead of time that the whole thing was going to be irreverent and flippant. I noted that he regarded the cartoon characters with a rather disdainful air - his attempt to instruct them on Shakespeare was hilarious.
______ Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:13 am 
Prince Judah

Here's an interview that Heston did back in 1996, when he was supporting a senator from Texas, Phil Gramm, so it's all political discussion; he's interviewed by Chris Matthews, a liberal democrat - I noted that Matthews was much less boorish almost 20 years ago and respectful to Heston; he asks Heston at one point how he changed from Democrat to Republican. There are also callers phoning in their questions to Heston. Also - warning - this cuts off abruptly before it ends, but it's fairly long, at 11 minutes:
____ ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next