Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Imagined Situations:Roles Chuck could have done
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:48 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

As a horror movie fanatic, I was always disappointed that Chuck turned down THE OMEN. It would have been great having him in such a successful horror movie at that particular time. (However, I still think Gregory Peck did a great job in the film).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 am 
Cheating Bastard

I really would have liked to have heard Chuck voice an animated Batman. His voice commands respect and I believe he could have done Bruce Wayne/Batman in the characters prime and then done the older Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond. There was talk of a live action Batman Beyond and I think he would have been perfect as a retired yet still formidable Batman training a new protégé.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 am 
El Cid

I wish Chuck had played Samson for De Mille.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:49 am 
Prince Judah

James Byrne wrote:

1949 might have been a bit too early to be handing out such starring roles to Chuck Heston - the lead in a DeMille epic, but I agree, that would have been a great role for him. If DeMille had waited until about 1951 to make his Samson picture, then it might have been entirely possible...

NOTE that I left out half the title - no Delilah in the above sample - but it just looked more dramatic to me to just leave it as the single-word title; it's more like one of those numerous Italian muscleman adventures made in the sixties. :elcid:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:54 pm 
Astronaut

Who will be Delilah, then? If Heston is Samson, the face of Delilah as it comes to my imagination, is no other than Anne Baxter's however.

Any other opinion?

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:28 pm 
El Cid

How about the ice-cool and very sexy Lana Turner as Delilah?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 am 
Prince Judah

Does it matter if Delilah is blonde or brunette? For some reason, I find it hard to picture anyone other than Hedy Lamarr as Delilah, at least in that era (circa 1950). I remember reading that some thought Lamarr a bit too old for the role, but I always thought she was great in it.

Chrysagon wrote:
James Byrne wrote:

1949 might have been a bit too early to be handing out such starring roles to Chuck Heston - the lead in a DeMille epic

I have to take back what I wrote there. I was just reading up a bit on Steve Reeves, the bodybuilder who became famous as Hercules (1958) in Italian films. According to Wikipedia, DeMille selected Reeves as his first choice for Samson! Reeves was a complete unknown then (1949), so DeMille could have easily picked Heston as another unknown for the role. The only reason Reeves didn't get the part of Samson is that DeMille thought he was too big and told him that he had to lose 15 lbs. Reeves refused because he would no longer be able to compete in Mr. Universe contests. Again, this is all according to Wikipedia, so I hope this is all on the level.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:24 am 
El Cid

I know BLACK NARCISSUS was made in 1947, a few years before Heston made his debut, but he would have been great as the character David Farrar played, Mr. Dean. The only problem would be trying not to burst out laughing when Chuck has to ride a Shetland pony.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:33 pm 
Prince Judah

Chrysagon, can you please make a poster of Chuck as Samson against Hedy Lamarr's Delilah? And let her be brunette, for Philistine beauties were not usuually blonde unless it could be due to mixed blood.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:01 am 
Prince Judah

Judah wrote:
Chrysagon, can you please make a poster of Chuck as Samson against Hedy Lamarr's Delilah?

Haven't been able to complete that yet; but, as for this:
itsjudah24 wrote:
I remember that we were discussing THE AVANGERS in the Saloon(or in the Off-topic section?) casting Chuck as Thor. But Gandalf is even more interesting.

Is it possible to imagine Chuck as Abraham Lincoln? Just look at this--

ImageImage
What about this? Strange, eh?