Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:40 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Great movie & publicity stills
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:14 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Chrysagon, you should use the "print screen" button when you watch movies and want to get good screencaps. You then paste them into Paint or Photoshop and then save them as a jpg/png/etc file.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:46 am 
Prince Judah

Yes, I know that's the standard method -- I just found that way to be tedious and unexciting last time I tried it. (for example, on my computer, you can only copy to the clipboard one picture at a time; it takes a while if you want to get a group of pictures done). Maybe there's a faster way to do it and I haven't figured it out yet. The standard screen grabs, using print screen, usually turn out kind of boring and flat to me, especially the color (though I guess one can adjust the color with paint, maybe). As I said, the method with the digital camera was an experiment - I was surprised by the clarity and the dynamism of some of the resulting pictures; these looked more interesting to me than the standard screen grabs, and more colorful. It sounds like - to you - it's a 'failed experiment' and you weren't impressed :lol: .. Oh, well, I did post them for opinions. Here's a result of the standard method of screen grabs (print screen), so members here can judge for themselves:
_______________ Image
-------------------- this scene above is just after Harry punches out the paid assassin...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 am 
El Cid

Chrysagon wrote:
_______________ Image
-------------------- this scene above is just after Harry punches out the paid assassin...

This screengrab appears to be a little distorted. Heston looks squished up and much taller and thinner!
But I like the fact that you are posting them Chrysagon. Can you pop a few over onto the SECRET OF THE INCAS board, please? It has the most messages there ... but hardly any photos.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:55 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Chrysagon wrote:
It sounds like - to you - it's a 'failed experiment' and you weren't impressed :lol: .. Oh, well, I did post them for opinions.

No I wouldn't say that, I was just giving you a tip in case you weren't aware of the print screen function as it took me a be aware of it myself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:40 pm 
Prince Judah

Detective Thorn wrote:
Chrysagon wrote:
It sounds like - to you - it's a 'failed experiment' and you weren't impressed :lol: .. Oh, well, I did post them for opinions.

No I wouldn't say that, I was just giving you a tip in case you weren't aware of the print screen function as it took me a be aware of it myself.

I know, Thorn - I appreciate it. You did remind me of it since I haven't tried it for a long time. I just seems like I never got the results I wanted with it due to bad luck or something. A case in point - that latest screen cap I just tried of Heston as Harry; James is right - it's distorted for some reason and I dunno why. I did clip it a bit before posting it, but that should not have distorted it, making Harry look stretched. Maybe the Amazon Video has some kind of blockage or safeguards that cause this, or I have to examine my own print screen function.

James, I didn't even know that visitors or guests could post pictures at your site - shows you how much I know! :-? Do you mean post pictures where one would normally leave a text message? I'll look into it and try to post some of these pictures there soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:43 am 
Prince Judah

OK, I tried this again because it was really nagging at me and it now looks like I did do something wrong the last time with the Heston-Harry screencap, perhaps when I was clipping it (accidentally stretching it). Here's the latest result:

Thanks, Thorn - I probably wouldn't have bothered with any of this if you hadn't mentioned it, but now it seems like I have a handle on it and I feel pretty good about it. What's that saying -- practice makes perfect..? :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:33 pm 
Prince Judah

Here's a group of screen caps from the new BluRay of 55 DAYS AT PEKING:

_____ Image

____________ Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

God it looks beautiful! Just look at those blue eyes of Chuck's! I really hope the British Blu-ray uses the same transfer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:16 pm 
Prince Judah

For this batch of movie stills, I will try something different: a group of stills from some of Chuck's more obscure films and scenes that are not readily identifiable. I think that even Heston experts may be hard pressed to figure out from which films all these rather unusual stills are from. Are these all legit? As Heston might say...
_______ Image THIS IS NO APRIL FOOLS JOKE, DAMN YOU ALL...!

Image Image

ImageImage

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image

Image FIGURED THEM ALL OUT? OR IS THE JOKE ON YOU?! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:24 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Privare War of Major Benson, Gideon, Alaska and The Awakening. Are those I mentioned correct?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next