Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Film Score Monthly's Ben-Hur 5-CD soundtrack box-set
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I received my box-set of this beautiful soundtrack in the mail today from Screen Archives Entertainment:

The case is nice, big and has a beautiful cover, just holding it in your hands assures you that this is something out of the ordinary, something special. I've listened to the first CD's so far on my home theater system and the sound is amazing, it's crystal clear and Miklós Rózsa's Oscar winning score has never sounded better.

Some more pics of the set:

Accompanying the set is a booklet with over 35 pages of notes about the score. It was so much to write about this release that they had to put what didn't fit in the booklet up for grabs online at their site :lol:

I really recommend this box-set to everyone who enjoys the movie and its music. Since it is a limited release, I suggest you order it as soon as possible, or you are likely to have to pay a lot more money for it on eBay or Amazon once it's out of print. Get it while you can, folks. This release of the greatest score on earth delivers.

Post subject: Re: Film Score Monthly's Ben-Hur 5-CD soundtrack box-set
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:59 am 
El Cid

A really grand thing to enrich your collection, Thorny. May I ask where have you placed it as you were taking the photos-- it looks like against some Denim-clothings?

I know this Man!

Post subject: Re: Film Score Monthly's Ben-Hur 5-CD soundtrack box-set
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Those are jeans, I had it in my lap when I took the pics. Kind of like how you don't want to put away your new born baby :lol: