Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Diamond Head
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:57 pm 
Marabunta

Hey Howland sorry it took me so long to respond. Good point but I recently watched this again and you bring up a good point about Sloane choosing Paul over ther brother. I have always thought that it was Dean who ended up bringing the best out of her, her relationship with Dean seemed more passionate. He was stronger than Paul in many ways and he loved Sloane from afar..when he finally goes and gets her.. I loved it..What was sad about Richard was as Mai describes his inability to be happy and what is sad I really believed he loved her.. If you go on imdb most of the reviews talk about the racial aspect of this film, others saw it as a soap opera. It was both..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Newspaper ad from May, 1963.

Attachments:
diamondhead.png
diamondhead.png [ 292.06 KiB | Viewed 1767 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:26 pm 
Marabunta

Thx fendell for sharing these..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 am 
Call Me Harry

You know I was thinking about this film the other day and I wondered... would the child really be better off with Heston's character, or would the child be better off with his aunt and her boyfriend?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:59 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Questions for Europeans who own this movie:

Does it play on your region free DVD player? I was adding it to my shopping basket on Amazon but happened to see this little thing among the product details: PLEASE NOTE: Some Region 1 DVDs may contain Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE). Some, but not all, of our international customers have had problems playing these enhanced discs on what are called "region-free" DVD players. For more information on RCE, click .

Apparently, RCE is when some companies wants their DVD's locked to region one, so it won't even work on a region free player a lot of the time. This is the first I've ever heard of this stupid, stupid thing. I don't think this movie is released anywhere else in the world and it would be very upsetting if I won't be able to watch the movie once I receive it.

So, any European members here who lucked out?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:04 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Detective Thorn wrote:
Questions for Europeans who own this movie:

Does it play on your region free DVD player? I was adding it to my shopping basket on Amazon but happened to see this little thing among the product details: PLEASE NOTE: Some Region 1 DVDs may contain Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE). Some, but not all, of our international customers have had problems playing these enhanced discs on what are called "region-free" DVD players. For more information on RCE, click .

Apparently, RCE is when some companies wants their DVD's locked to region one, so it won't even work on a region free player a lot of the time. This is the first I've ever heard of this stupid, stupid thing. I don't think this movie is released anywhere else in the world and it would be very upsetting if I won't be able to watch the movie once I receive it.

So, any European members here who lucked out?

No one? :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:56 am 
El Cid

I checked my dvd of DIAMOND HEAD and there's no problem at all, Thorn. It plays perfectly. In fact, I was almost tempted to watch the whole film, but have other engagements to attend to. I was really enjoying ARROWHEAD the other evening but had to eject the dvd after about 40 minutes because of an unexpected visitor. So I want to watch that one before I renew my acquaintance with DIAMOND HEAD. I just thought of something - if you read the IMDb reviewers they label Heston as a racist bigot in both films, and they both have HEAD in the title!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:45 pm 
Michelangelo

The format of my copy is (region 1).

We may buy it via amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Head-Char ... amond+head

:cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Thanks a lot to the both of you for putting my mind at ease.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:59 am 
Call Me Harry

Say anyone here ever see "Kings of the Sun"? 1963, had Chuck's old sparring partners Yul Brynner (from the 10 Commandments) and George Chakiris (this film) as leaders of rival cultures who, after the usual misunderstandings, must unite or perish in the face of a common threat. Not an Oscar winner by any means but Brynner & Chakiris do well by the material; it's a little funny hearing Chakiris talk in his regular voice without the accent he used as Bernardo in "West Side Story". Brynner as usual dominates every scene he's in like the Force of nature he was born to be.

Film is currently available on Netflix.