Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:09 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:41 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

The next installment in the Planet of the Apes franchise, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes premieres on July 11th in the US. Pictured above is three teaser posters and below is the teaser trailer that was recently released:

So, who's excited to see this? Not sure I'm exactly excited, but I do look forward to seeing it on the big screen. I hope we get some more references the the original filmseries.

Post subject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:15 am 
Astronaut

Not exited, but interested, yes.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:31 pm 
Marabunta

hey guys I am back LOL for those of you who remember me...Anyway I am looking forward to seeing this as well. I liked "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" but before that truly I only cherished the Heston version. It was reflective and relevant to that time, that ending was a killer!! (Note my photo)When Tim Burton tried I had a fit and I like Tim. So we shall see if this one is as good as the last one..

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:37 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

New trailer is out for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sHMCRaS3ao

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:15 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Has anyone seen this yet? It debuted in the US last week and made a lot of money at the box office.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 pm 
El Cid

I bought this last week because my daughter told me that Chuck is referenced in it, but I haven't had the opportunity to view it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:49 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

He was? I don't remember that. Are you sure you bought Dawn and not Rise of the planet of the Apes?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:39 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Anyone catch this yet now that it's out on DVD & Blu-ray?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:49 pm 
Prince Judah

I did see this one not that long ago, on a Cable HD Channel. Like Rise of the Planet of the Apes, it's very different from the old Apes films and relies a lot on computer animation, so it comes across like an animated film to me in some scenes. I thought it to be pretty good compared to most sci-fi/action films these days, but there were problems for me: I didn't find any of the characters - ape or human - interesting or even likable. After a while, again, it came across like real humans interacting with animated apes - that's the difference between films these days and the old films, when everything looked real, even if it was actors in ape masks. There were also clumsy parts to the plot: all of a sudden, at the end, they find out that there's a manned military base somewhere and the army is on its way, conveniently just in time to put a deus ex machina ending on it all. This is after 10 years of no sign of the military...?

Surprisingly, some of the plot copies the old Battle For the Planet of the Apes (1973), meaning all the stuff about "Ape Shall Not Kill Ape" and the one evil or crazy ape who breaks the law in secret, defying Caesar (though Caesar survives and is not killed; in the old film, Caesar's son is killed by a bad gorilla). I don't know if this was all an homage to the old film or just a coincidence, but I think they knew what they were copying. I didn't find it very innovative, as a result.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:14 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I'll have to see this again before writing my opinions on it, it's close to a year since I saw it and thought I had already shared it with the forum. I think I remember liking it about as much as the previous one. Good popcorn fun, but not much else.