Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:04 pm 
Prince Judah

I forgot one thing - the bad ape, Koba, in this new film (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) does kill another ape eventually, and right in front of all the other apes, thereby undoing all the tension of him secretly breaking this law; now all the apes know that he's an ape killer. It's hard to believe but Battle For the Planet of the Apes from 1973, generally regarded as the weakest of the Apes films and perhaps juvenile, had more subtlety to it than this one.

I will say, all the FX scenery reminded me of I am Legend (2007), the Omega Man remake, with everything becoming overgrown with new greenery. It's always interesting to watch such a post-apocalyptic setting, as a city gets reclaimed by the wilderness.

Post subject: Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:49 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Spoiler:
One thing I didn't like is how everyone just accepted the situation when Caesar appeared to be alive, logically they should have turned on Koba since he had lied. They had Caesar back and shouldn't have been too afraid to stand up against of Koba.