Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Chuck with other celebrities (off-screen)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:09 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

The thread where we can post pictures of Heston together with other celebrities, off-screen of course, otherwise it would be cheating :sherlock: I always like finding new pictures of Chuck along with other favorite movie stars of mine. Hopefully this thread will urge me to find some more to share with you all.

Post subject: Re: Chuck with other celebrities (off-screen)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I'll start off with one of my favorites of Chuck together with Clint:

I'm shocked such a picture was even able to be taken. Two of the toughest actors of all time in the same shot? I figured the lense would break by the awesomeness of it all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 am 
Prince Judah

I first saw this photo many years ago and it's always been a favorite of mine; I'm not even sure why. This was during the now-famous 1963 Civil Rights March in which several big Hollywood actors participated - there is a thread on it here: civil-rights-roundtable-1963-t101.html

In this photo, Burt Lancaster is obviously worked up about something, as Harry Belafonte and Heston listen to him somewhat intensely, with the statue of Lincoln in the background. It's somewhat of an iconic shot --
__ Image Image

I also amuse myself by thinking that the guy leaning over or bowing behind Heston looks a little like George Clooney; of course, Clooney was just born around that time and had criticized & insulted Heston a few years before Heston passed away. It's ironic how Heston was fighting for human rights when Clooney was in diapers yet Clooney, of course, thinks he knows it all and better.

Last edited by Chrysagon on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Don't believe I've ever seen that one before, though I've seen several from that march. It's a good one.

Chrysagon wrote:
I also amuse myself by thinking that the guy leaning over or bowing behind Heston looks a little like George Clooney; of course, Clooney was just born around that time and had criticized & insulted Heston a few years before Heston passed away. It's ironic how Heston was fighting for human rights when Clooney was in diapers yet Clooney, of course, thinks he knows it all and better.

This made me laugh. Amen! Those comments made by Clooney were despicable, Heston's responce was classy though, as expected.

Here's a good picture of the Heston's and the Reagan's enjoying each other's company:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 pm 
Michelangelo

They really have a very happy time! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm 
Michelangelo

President Reagan was talking with the Hestons, Ricardo Montalban and Georgina Montalban at a Dinner at Bloomingdale residence in Beverly Hills, California. (19 August 1981; source: from Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, photographs archives)

:cheers:

Last edited by CHfan2010 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:17 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

That's awesome. I love that guy. He was great in Escape from the Planet of the Apes, The Naked Gun and he's my all-time favorite villain as Khan in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:24 pm 
Michelangelo

President Reagan and Nancy Reagan were attending "All Star Tribute to Dutch Reagan" at NBC Studios(from left to right sitting) Colleen Reagan, Neil Reagan, Maureen Reagan, President, Nancy Reagan, Dennis Revell. (From left to right standing) Emmanuel Lewis, Charlton Heston, Ben Vereen, Monty Hall, Frank Sinatra, Burt Reynolds, Dean Martin, Eydie Gorme, Vin Scully, Steve Lawrence, last 2 unidentified. Burbank, California (1 December 1985; source: from Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, photographs archives)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:57 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Chuck is holding Webster?! :lol: This must be the best damn picture I've ever seen! Absolutely priceless.

A lot of great celebs on that picture. Nice find, CHfan2010!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 pm 
Michelangelo

6th SAG Life Achievement Recipient, 1968
James Stewart (from Screen Actors Guild Award Achives)

8th Life Achievement Recipient, 1970
Gregory Peck (from Screen Actor Guild Award Archives)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next