Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Charlton Heston Presents The Bible
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:58 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Directed by: Tony Westman
Production year: 1993
Starring: Charlton Heston

Plot:

In the beginning… before there was a written language, the stories in the Bible were told, to people sitting around a campfire in the dark, listening to the tales of what had happened and what was yet to come. Now, Academy Award-winning actor Charlton Heston (Ben-Hur) recaptures all the passion, the power, the drama, and the sheer beauty those first storytellers passed on to us with his own dazzling new exploration of the greatest stories ever told.

Trailer:

Post subject: Re: Charlton Heston Presents: The Bible
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

I have the complete DVD set of this and I always tell all my atheist friends who ask about it the same thing: If you're not a Christian and wish to stay that way, do NOT watch this! :lol: Charlton Heston could make the biggest atheist alive a believer - just by using his powerful voice. It's amazing how one man reading from a book can have you glued in front of the TV-set.

He puts on quite a show during the four parts of this documentary, you can tell he was passionate about this project.

I recommend buying this set if you haven't already, even if you're not a Christian. Heston is always worth watching no matter what he's in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:01 pm 
Marabunta

I have the original VHS set with the book and cassette tapes from 1997. Mr. Heston was a U. S. shopping channel advertising it. My wife and I wanted it to view and have our son see it too. When she ordered it she got to talk to Mr. Heston on the phone and I watch him on TV talking to her. It was great!

P.S. She asked me if I wanted to do the talking but I was too awe struck to do it. :oops: :scared:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:14 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

She got to talk to Heston herself, on air?! That is so cool! I would probably be terrified as well, but wouldn't have dared missing that kind of possibility to talk to the man. Must have been an awesome experience.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 pm 
Marabunta

It was and she still doesn't let me forget I "chickened out" about talking to my hero.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:24 am 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

I have this set on CD-Rom and on DVD. They are wonderful to watch. I agree with you Det. Thorn. How could any heart stay hardened towards God, when you hear His word spoken by Charlton Heston. Very powerful. Unfortunately, I don't have the companion book that goes with the series, but I love the CD-Roms and DVD sets I have.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 pm 
Michelangelo

Charlton Heston on the KJV King James Bible

:thumbsup: :cheers:

Post subject: CHARLTON HESTON PRESENTS THE BIBLE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:19 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Today, I was at our local Wal-Mart. In the DVD section, I found four DVD's of Charlton Heston and The Bible. (Don't think that's the right title.) There are four DVD's: Genesis, The Story of Moses, Jesus of Nazareth, and The Passion. These are the same episodes that are in the two DVD set called, "Charlton Heston Presents The Bible" (2004). The set was originally released on VHS in 1993, I think. (It was also released on CD-Rom, but had different material. I have that too. Will only play on Windows 98.) Each DVD is about $7.00, I think. If you do not have these DVD's, you should get them. They are excellent.

Ladyhawke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Ladyhawke; just wanted to let you know I moved your topic into the existing one for Charlton Heston Presents: The Bible here in the Television Work section, since it was a miniseries :sherlock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Detective Thorn wrote:
Ladyhawke; just wanted to let you know I moved your topic into the existing one for Charlton Heston Presents: The Bible here in the Television Work section, since it was a miniseries :sherlock:

Thanks, Thorn! :-)

Ladyhawke