Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Charlton Heston Forums 1 year anniversary!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:35 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I'd just like to point out that on November 2nd (this coming Wednesday), it will be this forum's one year anniversary. I created it on the 1st of November, but didn't officially "open it" until the next day after having worked on the forum for a while.

I'm working on something of a surprise to all the members on the forum who have contributed during this wonderful year we've had here. Hopefully it will be done by Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed and your eyes open on this thread that day! :cowboy1:

Post subject: Re: Upcoming 1 year anniversary of the Charlton Heston Forum
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:19 pm 
Prince Judah

I look forward to whatever you plan to gift us with, Thorn.

Yes, going by the calender, it surely has been a year as of next week...

Hard to believe... why, it seems like only yesterday that I first found this... corner of sanity...

8-) Amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:00 pm 
Marabunta

I am waiting and also to tell you my dear Thorn that you have done an excellent job..Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:12 pm 
Prince Judah

"We wait, we wait, the saints and the martyrs wait".

'Wait' is a positive word. Spiritually, ethically. We would wait for the surprise you have planned for us, Thorn.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:39 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Ladies and gentlemen. Today the Charlton Heston Forums has been online for a full year! I hope it's one of many to come.

During the first year, we've had 49 members signing up to the forum and together we've made 3320 posts and created 297 threads. The forum has been lucky enough to enjoy the contributions of several loyal members who have remained active throughout their membership. I'm very thankful for that and appreciate every post and thread you've all contributed with here on the forum.

As I mentioned earlier, I've prepared a surprise to the members of the forum and here it is; I have obtained the full and uncut first appearance Charlton Heston made as a host on Saturday Night Live! Here it is for you all to enjoy:

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=1215ZBDW

Spoiler:
If you'd like to not only view the episode, but also have it, send me a PM and I'll give you a download link for it.

Once again, thank you all for a wonderful first year!

:happybday1: :happybday3: :happybday2: :happybday4: :cake:

Post subject: Re: Charlton Heston Forums 1 year anniversary!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm 
Prince Judah

It is a wonderful gift! thank you , Thorny, thank you so much! He plays a ghost!

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:58 pm 
Astronaut

Thaaank yooouu. But Why do you address us as 'Ladies and gentlemen'? I feel we don't need formalities after all these sharing together for one year. Well, then should we call you 'Sir Mr. Robert Thorn, the detective'?

Don't mind, dear Admin. I am saying all these out of a frank friendship which the forums have built among us.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:34 pm 
Prince Judah

I think Thorn was just copying the technique or style of an emcee or someone who walks out on a stage to introduce a performance, like a stageplay. They always begin "Ladies and Gentlemen.." - and sometimes adding on "...and children of all ages.." or something (though that's more for a circus performance, such as in The GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH). :lol:

Well Done, Thorn. :thumbsup: I watched the first 8 minutes and had to place it on pause because I had to go somewhere briefly; I'll watch the rest in a bit. I'm actually not sure if I ever watched this before... like when it first aired; I remember a scene from many years ago where Chuck recreated his late night acting studies while watching over a building and there were some howling dogs - but that may have been another show. I'll find out in a little while. :applause:

:happybday1: :happybday3:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:39 pm 
No Water For Me

To us his fan s it is a great comfort to keep in touch with his memory through this site . I have learned more about him since his death than i ever knew in his life .The War Lord is my favourite film with him .I have so many memories of him from films photos ect thanks to ebay and the like . Marie Bailie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:51 pm 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Oh, Thorn! Thank you so much for this wonderful gift! What an awesome surprise! I remember watching this back in 1987! It's just as funny and wonderful now, as it was back then! What a treasure! Happy 1st Anniversary to this really wonderful Charlton Heston Forum! I'm so glad I'm a part of this special place!