Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Casual and Candid Pictures
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm 
Prince Judah

This topic may not be 'new' as such, but I could not be sure where should I post these pictures which captures Chuck in casual mood, and we cannot be sure what situation lies behind the click of camera. Here are some sample pics, hope it is not hard to understand what kind of picture we would like to see here-
Image ImageImageImage

I know this Man!

Post subject: Re: Casual and Candid Pictures
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 am 
Prince Judah

itsjudah24 wrote:
Image Image

Do you know from when - what year - those pics of Heston with the towel over his head are?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:04 am 
Prince Judah

Hail Chrysagon, nice to see you back. Man, I was not very sure of when the picture was taken , but seeing your question I have looked for it and I found that one site claims that it was clicked during the shooting of 'NUMBER ONE'-- that is in 1969.

But I feel that Chuck looks younger in the photo-- I guess it might be around the early sixties... anyway, I have not watched NUMBER ONE, so I may be wrong. If what that site claims is right, it should be posted in 'Behind the scenes photos' thread.

Another interesting thing- it seems that Chuck felt comfortable in towels before or after his swimming pool exercises, I found a couple of such other photos and posted one of them in the 'Chuck Heston Workout' thread. So this photo may as well be taken just casually, beside the pool.

However, that site contains interesting photos, so I think you would be interested to have a look-

http://www.fashionstate.com/heston/index.htm

p.s. this site mentions some links to foreign language tributes to Chuck, I have translated a couple of them in 'General Discussions'.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:27 am 
Prince Judah

itsjudah24 wrote:
...I was not very sure of when the picture was taken , but seeing your question I have looked for it and I found that one site claims that it was clicked during the shooting of 'NUMBER ONE'-- that is in 1969.

But I feel that Chuck looks younger in the photo-- I guess it might be around the early sixties... anyway, I have not watched NUMBER ONE, so I may be wrong. If what that site claims is right, it should be posted in 'Behind the scenes photos' thread.

Yeah, that would be my guess, early sixties, maybe even late fifties; he looks quite young in that towel photo and I also have seen references to the film NUMBER ONE in relation to that photo, which appears to be erroneous.

I had a couple of pictures of Heston which I didn't know where to post... well, now I do (thanks to Judah creating this thread). I guess these can be viewed as casual, maybe candid; I also don't know where they were taken, so I originally planned to post these as mystery photos. I think the first one is from 1968, obviously at some bar or party. Maybe someone here has more info on these...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:14 pm 
Prince Judah

Thank you for the pics, Chrysagon-- especially for the second one. I believe there are very few photos of Chuck with spectacles!

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 pm 
Prince Judah

Again a pair of casual photos-- don't know exactly when they were taken.

ImageImage

I know this Man!

Last edited by itsjudah24 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:28 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

That right one can't possibly be of Charlton Heston.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 pm 
Prince Judah

itsjudah24 wrote:

I say... that looks like a young Richard Burton to me.
Judah has caught me in a couple of photo errors in the past.. we now return the favor! :lol:

btw, congrats for moving into the Astronaut title, Judah - that was fairly quick..!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm 
Prince Judah

Well, well, sword's off! I have corrected the mistake. Thanks you Sir Knight, I am greatly honoured to belong to the same rank with you, even for a brief period! You are just two posts away to rise to a higher status...

Again some casual photos, hope these are all real Chucks!

ImageImageImageImage

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Chuck as Captain Kirk! :lol: That made my day. My two favorite heroes.