Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Book authors' views of Charlton Heston
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:49 pm 
El Cid

Here is an interesting, and quite special, copy of THE FILMS OF CHARLTON HESTON.
http://blacksparrowauctions.com/product ... gned-book/
There seems to be an autograph from at least one of the actors who appeared in Chuck's movies ... except .... SECRET OF THE INCAS.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

That's quite a project to take upon oneself, getting all those signatures, and then selling them all for "only" 590 dollars. I wonder how the person got all those autographs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:43 am 
El Cid

Its quite easy Thorn. The guy lives in California and they have quite a lot of celebrity signings, etc.
Years ago I wrote a book on Muhammad Ali and got quite a few of his opponents to sign it in person.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Interesting. What's the title of your Muhammad Ali book, James?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:29 pm 
El Cid

Detective Thorn wrote:
Interesting. What's the title of your Muhammad Ali book, James?

I called it THE GREATEST, Thorn. I am a walking encyclopedia on Muhammad Ali and his opponents. As I mentioned on the SECRET OF THE INCAS thread, Charlton Heston was Ali's favourite actor, and he also liked Christopher Lee, too. Ali used to do the world's worst impersonation of Christopher Lee as Dracula ... it was so bad it was funny!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:12 am 
El Cid

Take a look at no.2 on this list of books signed by Charlton Heston. Thats what I call a real rarity!
No wonder its over £300 - including postage.

http://www.abebooks.com/book-search/aut ... /1/page-1/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:22 pm 
Prince Judah

Member James Byrne brought this latest book on Heston to my attention earlier today on another thread; James said he couldn't find this thread, so I post on this now - American Legends: The Life of Charlton Heston http://www.amazon.com/American-Legends- ... ton+heston Image

This was recently published, about a month ago, as just one of many in a series of short biographies on various stars, from the Charles Rivers Editors; I say short because these average only about 50 pages in length. These are cheap, though; you can get a Kindle version for about 3 dollars - which I did. This really skimps on some portions of Heston's career - only a page is devoted for his roles between The Greatest Show on Earth and The Ten Commandments. It's also not without errors - the info on El Cid mentions how it was one of the biggest grossers of 1964 ; 1964? Since when? :-? Still, if one is a Heston fan, it can't really hurt getting this.

This also contains photos; here's a sample page from the Kindle version:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:30 pm 
El Cid

Just seen this on Amazon.uk. Its a bit pricey ... anybody know anything about it before I invest all that money?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charlton-Heston ... ton+heston

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:13 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Do you speak Spanish fluently?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:24 pm 
El Cid

No Thorn - but I have Spanish friends at work who could translate it for me. Wonder why it hasn't been published in English?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next