Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben-Hur (1959)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:26 pm 
Cheating Bastard

I've returned to the forum....I haven't been able to log in for a year.....but managed it this time!

El Cid asked if any members of the forum have seen "Ben-Hur" on the big screen.....I saw it at Loew's in NYC when it was first released and four times since, in various theaters, but not since 1972. In a word this film on the big screen is unforgettable....it has been my favorite film since 1959.

I've seen the trailer for the new film slated to open August 16th....looks like a CGI wet dream, at least from the bit I saw. I should not be hasty in prejudging the film. However, the director is the same auteur who brought us "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer" which brought me to laugh so hard I cried. Again, no rush to judgment, but William Wyler is dead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:39 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Great to have you back, General Gordon! Sorry you had problems logging back on, it shouldn't be an issue. I hope there will be no more problems for your account.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:26 am 
Call Me Harry

Detective Thorn wrote:
EL-CID-1983 wrote:
Is there really another remake of this on the way?

Trailer can be seen in the last post of this thread: mgm-is-rebooting-ben-hur-t435.html

Watch it, if you dare.

Well having watched the trailer it... doesn't necessarily look bad so much as it looks like the kind of film that would have been better off not being a remake of a well known film (which itself was a remake of an earlier film) that just kind of automatically stacks the deck against it.

Funny how William Wyler was an assistant director on the silent BEN-HUR and then remade it the sound version... I believe he and Chuck joked about this during filming, how one of the assistant directors working for Wyler would then direct the next remake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:56 pm 
Prince Judah

I have just bounced upon something called 'HAIL CAESAR' -- but I am not sure if it is a sort of remake of Ben-Hur. However, it bears some references to BEN-HUR. Has anyone watched this?

This is the link I am referring to: http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/hail ... ence-guide

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:36 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Hail Caesar is a comedy about a guy playing in epic movies, or something like it. Unfortunately, George Clooney is the leading man. So, no thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:02 am 
Call Me Harry

Wasn't there an animated remake of this with Chuck reprising the role of Ben-Hur?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:16 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

EL-CID-1983 wrote:
Wasn't there an animated remake of this with Chuck reprising the role of Ben-Hur?

Indeed there was!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363468/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:28 pm 
Call Me Harry

Detective Thorn wrote:
EL-CID-1983 wrote:

Indeed there was!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363468/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Thought so. I keep meaning to check it out yet for some reason I keep forgetting.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 am 
Prince Judah

Here is some interesting news for the fans of Ben-Hur --

http://www.lamag.com/askchris/charlton-heston/

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

itsjudah24 wrote:
Here is some interesting news for the fans of Ben-Hur --

http://www.lamag.com/askchris/charlton-heston/

I'd say Heston in general. Lots of cool stuff!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next