Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben-Hur (1959)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:02 pm 
Prince Judah

Boyd's role in THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE is rather positive, however.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:13 pm 
Call Me Harry

So what's everyone's view of Judah's reaction to learning his mother & sister were alive all along after the chariot race & that they had Esther lie to him, which naturally just makes him want to go see them even more? Do you think that's Judah being disrespectful of their wishes, or do you think Judah is justified in wanting to see them in spite of their illness, after everything he's been through?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:36 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

I think he did what he thought was right, in the end it worked out well. His wish to see them again was so strong that he entered the valley of the lepers, risking his own life, just to see them again. Now that's love.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 pm 
Marabunta

EL-CID-1983 wrote:
So what's everyone's view of Judah's reaction to learning his mother & sister were alive all along after the chariot race & that they had Esther lie to him, which naturally just makes him want to go see them even more? Do you think that's Judah being disrespectful of their wishes, or do you think Judah is justified in wanting to see them in spite of their illness, after everything he's been through?

It is so hard to say one way or the other. I can understand Judah going to see them. And remember, although he did go see them when he followed Esther to the valley of the lepers (that first time he went), he did not let them know that he had seen them. So I think in this way he was honoring their wishes. It wasn't until Judah believed there was hope for them to be cured that he allowed them to see him.

I also agree that Judah did what he thought best, and he acted out of love for his mother and Tirzah, so his motivations were right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:31 pm 
Prince Judah

I agree. Let's put ourselves in Judah's place, and think that someone we love deeply is severely ailing, but is not willing to let us know about it. What should we do? Should we sit still and do nothing because it would be disrespectful to the patient's wish? The way Judah was groaning silently against the stone, hiding himself from Miriam and Tizrah shows how much he loves them, and still does not want to startle and embarrass them with his presence. And finally he overcomes all weakness and steps into the dungeon to rescue them.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:04 pm 
El Cid

Did any CHF members here ever see BEN-HUR at a cinema?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:32 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

James Byrne wrote:
Did any CHF members here ever see BEN-HUR at a cinema?

Not me... yet :sherlock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:19 pm 
El Cid

My sister went to a re-release of BEN-HUR in Birmingham, U.K., and she was the only one in the cinema!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:17 pm 
Marabunta

I am pretty sure I saw it in a theater several years ago. (There was a restored movie theater not too far from where I used to live that plays classic movies fairly often.) But it is strange that I cannot say with 100% certainty now! My memory seems to be getting worse about events of the past like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:58 pm 
Prince Judah

James Byrne wrote:
My sister went to a re-release of BEN-HUR in Birmingham, U.K., and she was the only one in the cinema!

Whaaat??.... It is just very disappointing that people have been so lazy now-a-days ! They can leave such a chance and think of watching everything on DVD.

I know this Man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next