Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben-Hur (1959)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:08 pm 
Marabunta

Oh, wow, that is really amazing!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:27 am 
Call Me Harry

itsjudah24 wrote:
Here is a brilliant painting (oil on canvas) that captures a terrific moment from the chariot race. The painter's name is not given, but he/she has done too well!

Cool. Very cool.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:54 pm 
Astronaut

Here is a blogger who does not find anything interesting about ben-Hur... who is dismissive of all its great scenes like the Nativity , the Sea-battle and even the romance between Judah and Esther... but the only thing he respects is the chariot race. Well, better something than nothing...

http://jimlanescinedrome.blogspot.in/20 ... chive.html

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:45 am 
Marabunta

Hmmm....that is an interesting blog, although of course I strongly disagree with his take on the film being so boring, etc. etc. But I do like seeing the frames of the stunt in the chariot race.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:52 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Hardly agree with anything he had to say. He must've been the only one in the US who didn't enjoy the film when it came out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:41 am 
Marabunta

While I love the chariot race, for me, it is not actually the most significant part of the film or not even necessarily the most exciting part. I guess for me, the more exciting part is when Judah finally realizes who Jesus is and says "I know this man!" and then also at the end when he tells Esther that the sword is taken out of his hand and of course also when he sees his mother and Tirzah healed and goes up the stairs to them. And while the stunt that was an accident does add something to the chariot race scene, I think that the film would have been just as good if that accident did not happen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:45 am 
Marabunta

Oh, I also recently saw "Tirzah" (is it Cathy O'Donnell?) on an episode of PERRY MASON!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:16 am 
Call Me Harry

Has anyone here ever seen Stephen Boyd's work in "The Bravados" or "Shalako"? The man seemed to have quite a flair for villains and antagonists.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:36 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

EL-CID-1983 wrote:
Has anyone here ever seen Stephen Boyd's work in "The Bravados" or "Shalako"? The man seemed to have quite a flair for villains and antagonists.

Can't say that I have. Are they any good?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:43 pm 
Call Me Harry

Detective Thorn wrote:
EL-CID-1983 wrote:

Can't say that I have. Are they any good?

They may not be "High Noon" but they're solid westerns in their own right, with "Bravados" doing it's best to teach its audience a lesson about not going off half cocked & all vigilante on someone just because they "fit the part" of a criminal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next