Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Behind the scenes pictures
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:54 pm 
Prince Judah

BEHIND-THE-SCENES - BEN-HUR
There have been plenty of behind-the-scenes photos posted here from BEN-HUR, so a couple of these may be repeats:
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
ABOVE: is this Wyler handling the horses? - maybe

Chuck and son: Image

This last one is of special FX expert A. Arnold "Buddy" Gillespie during filming of the famous sea battle:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:46 pm 
Prince Judah

Most of them are repeated...save only the last one, and probably the one where the other Roman soldiers are trying the Vespa.. But never mind, such things are a joy to the eye even in repetition.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:24 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

The last picture is astonishing, Arnold looks like a sea monster ready to wreak havoc!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 pm 
El Cid

I wonder why those publicity guys always had their stars photographed on bikes between takes?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 am 
Prince Judah

James Byrne wrote:
I wonder why those publicity guys always had their stars photographed on bikes between takes?

:lol: Yeah, but I always figured that the bikes were one of the perks of being a movie star, that these were supplied to the stars (some sets were huge and bikes were better than walking/running). The bikes were fun to use - especially motorized ones - hence the stars used them a lot; hence, lots of pictures were taken. But, that's just my guess - I may be way off on all that speculation. Also, for THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, it looks like Heston was supplied with a horse on that shoot, rather than the usual bike.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:05 pm 
El Cid

Nicole Maurey gave me a glossy publicity still of her, Chuck and Robert Young biking around the Paramount lot between scenes of SECRET OF THE INCAS.

There are also a few publicity photos of Heston on a bike in his Ed Bannon gear from ARROWHEAD. He's smiling - which doesn't look quite right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:35 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Well, in Rome, they sold postcards, magnets and other stuff of stars on Vespa's. It's kind of a stereotype in Rome, perhaps other places in Italy too - everyone is on a Vespa, even the stars! I bought a magnet with a publivity still of Chuck on a Vespa on it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:38 pm 
Astronaut

James Byrne wrote:
Nicole Maurey gave me a glossy publicity still of her, Chuck and Robert Young biking around the Paramount lot between scenes of SECRET OF THE INCAS.

Can you please scan and post it for us to see?

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:06 pm 
Prince Judah

Chuck with Stephen Boyd and Wyler, in a light heated mood between the takes of BEN-HUR. This is perhaps the most teeth-showing photo of Chuck as I figure out --

This one is during the shooting of EL CID. Chuck is playing with a falcon. The Spanish historian Ramón Menéndez Pidal is watching gladly.

I know this Man!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 pm 
Astronaut

Charlton Heston with Haya Harareet in the set of 'Ben-Hur':

This one looks interesting. It seems that heston has sketched something on the set, which is evident from the paper and pencil in his hand and Wyler is looking at it appreciatively.

My Lord, I too am bewitched!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next