Charlton Heston Forums

The only forum on the internet dedicated to Charlton Heston
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Charlton Heston Forums - The only forum on the internet dedicated to the legendary actor Charlton Heston!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: an Honorary Charlton Heston US Postage Stamp
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:45 am 
Soylent Corp. Lackey

Ha, good point. Maybe I'll just put in my home phone number.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:21 pm 
Michelangelo

I just noticed the following news today via Hollywood Reporter website:.

Charlton Heston Supporters Rally to Get His Image On a Stamp
9:57 PM 12/8/2010 by Paul Bond

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... wood-58001
:cheers: :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:55 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

CHfan2010 wrote:
I just noticed the following news today via Hollywood Reporter website:.

Charlton Heston Supporters Rally to Get His Image On a Stamp
9:57 PM 12/8/2010 by Paul Bond

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... wood-58001
:cheers: :wave:

Great news, thanks for the link! Even actors attended the event, that's impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:10 pm 
Michelangelo

Charlton Heston Stamp Petition: Immortalizing a Hollywood Icon
By Janet Walker
http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Entertainment/cat_index_la_events/Charlton_Heston_Stamp_Petition_Immortalizing_a_Hollywood_Icon.php
Quote:
The Charlton Heston Stamp Petition was recently unveiled at a Hollywood Walk of Fame event attended by members of the media and long time friends and associates of the late Charlton Heston.

:wave:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:57 am 
Damned Dirty Admin

Looks like they're getting closer to reaching their goal! Interesting part from the article:

Bruce Herschensohn, the noted historian and American Political Commentator, added, “I want to mention some of the things most people don’t know about Charlton Heston. During President Kennedy’s Administration, President Johnson’s Administration President Nixon’s Administration and through the length of our involvement in the Vietnam War he went to South Vietnam to visit the troops particularly in the hospitals; no publicity. He asked for nothing, he didn’t want a dime and he did it countless times. So today when I think of Charlton Heston predominate to me is what he did for the United States."

I don't think Chuck ever mentioned this in any of his books, did he?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 pm 
Michelangelo

Heston did mention briefly about visiting hosipitals during his Vietnam trips
In his Journal, p245 (1968)
Quote:
January 18, In the North.I spent my time with seabees and marines today, some of them in an advanced field hospital, badly shot up. I'll remember them :( ... lying loose on the bloody stretchers, red dust on their boots, carried lurching along the muddy duckboads from the heli-pad to the surgical tent....

He also phoned the family members of the soliders he met in Vietnam.

Quote:
February 1. I spent most of the day on the phone, talking to the wives, fathers, mothers,and girls of some of the men I met in Vielnam. It didn't turn out to be as tough as I thought it would. I usually hate to talk to strangers, but these people seemed so overjoyed to have word from their men that the calls became a pleasure, not a chore.

I was glad to go to Vietnam, but once there, there wasn't an awful lot I could do, unequipped as I was to entertain the troops with songs, jokes, or pretty girls. Somewhat desperately, I hit on the idea of taking down the home phone nembers of men I talked to, promising to call when I got back. This worked out pretty well. **** Zanuck let me use some of Fox's telephone facilities for several days, which made it possible to complete several hundred calls in that time.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:44 am 
Cheating Bastard

Has anyone learned anything new about this? I can't find any news at all and I would think this would be a very big deal. I am not a stamp collector, though I did buy the Alfred Hitchcock, John Wayne, and Humphrey Bogart sets and I think a Charlton Heston stamp would be a pretty hot seller.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Not heard anything new personally, which is sad :( Perhaps CHfan2010 has something to report, she always finds these things :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:23 pm 
Michelangelo

Detective Thorn wrote:
Not heard anything new personally, which is sad :( Perhaps CHfan2010 has something to report, she always finds these things :)

I did not hear any news related to Charlton Heston Stamp Petition recently.

But I found one more news posted on 18 January 2011 related the Charlton Heston Stamp Petition.

Newt Gingrich Endorses the Heston Stamp Petition
http://lcoonline.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/newt-gingrich-endorses-the-heston-stamp-petition/

Quote:
Author and Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich recently sent his well wishes and a glowing endorsement of the Charlton Heston Stamp Petition.

“Charlton Heston was an American icon, not just in film, but also as a citizen who took seriously his responsibilities to his country. His life absolutely deserves commemoration on a US Postage Stamp.”
-Newt Gingrich

:sherlock: :ljsilver: :neville: :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:56 pm 
Damned Dirty Admin

Good to see more people are endorsing this project. I just hope it becomes a reality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next